- Download VMware Fusion 5 MAC
- Discount - Adobe Muse CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 on Demand
- Discount - Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 (64-bit)
- Buy Techsmith Camtasia Studio 7 (en)
- Download GibbsCAM 2014 64-bit
- Discount - Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
- Buy OEM Luxion KeyShot Pro 4 + Animation + KeyShotVR
- Discount - Adobe Acrobat XI Standard MAC
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Wedding Photography for Everyone: Fundamentals
- Download Adobe Flash CS4 Professional MAC
|Volunteer Service Project at Herbert Hoover National Historic Site Starts off Celebration of National Parks|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Adam Prato|
|Monday, 01 April 2013 11:32|
WEST BRANCH, IOWA— Kick off National Park Week 2013 on Saturday, April 20 by helping keep Herbert Hoover National Historic Site looking worthy of the 31st President of the United States. The staff of Herbert Hoover National Historic Site needs volunteers to help spruce up fences, paths, and plantings around its historic buildings, replace signs along its boundary fence, and clean up the creek bed. This is a great opportunity to get involved hands-on with your local national park.
Volunteers interested in helping may call Adam Prato or Kristin Gibbs at (319) 643-2541. Meet at the Visitor Center at 8:30 a.m. for an orientation and to get signed up. Work will be from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Dress for the weather and wear comfortable work clothes. Water, sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats are recommended. Long pants and closed-toe footwear are required. The park will provide work gloves and other needed tools and equipment.
National Park Week, April 20 to 28, is the annual week for celebration and recognition of your National Parks. National parks are living examples of the best this nation has to offer—our magnificent natural landscapes and our varied yet interrelated heritage. They provide recreational experiences, opportunities to learn and grow, and places of quiet refuge. National Park Week is also a good time to explore local parks, trails, and architectural gems sustained through National Park Service programs such as the Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance program and the National Register of Historic Places. A map of places in Iowa served by these programs may be found at http://www.nps.gov/state/ia/.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site and the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum are in West Branch, Iowa at exit 254 off I-80. Both are open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time. Parking is limited so please allow extra time to find a parking space. For more information go online at www.nps.gov/heho or call (319) 643-2541.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site
110 Parkside Drive
PO Box 607
West Branch, Iowa 52358
319 643-2541 phone
319 643-7864 fax
Tags See All Tags