- Download Adobe Creative Cloud Design Tools All-in-One For Dummies
- Download Corel PhotoImpact X3
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 MAC (64-bit)
- Download Corel WinDVD Pro 11
- 79.95$ Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 (32 bit) cheap oem
- Buy Corel Designer Technical Suite X4 (en,de,fr)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011
- Discount - Autodesk NavisWorks Simulate 2009
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - LinkedIn Essential Training cheap oem
- 9.95$ Windows 7 For Seniors For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - CSS For Developers
- 19.95$ ABest MPEG VCD DVD Video Converter cheap oem
- 59.95$ Adobe SpeedGrade CC MAC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Maxon Cinema 4D R11 Studio Bundle
|VOLUNTEERS CLEAN UP 45,534 POUNDS OF MATERIAL|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Brandy Welvaert|
|Monday, 12 August 2013 07:05|
QUAD CITIES—Volunteers for the tenth annual Xstream Cleanup on Saturday, August 10 removed approximately 45,534 pounds of debris from area waterways and illegal dump sites. Cleanups were held at 48 locations in Bettendorf, Buffalo, Davenport, LeClaire, McCausland and Lost Grove Lake, Iowa; and in Milan, Moline, Rock Island and Silvis, Illinois.
A total of 1,564 volunteers worked a total of 4,398 hours and collectively gathered 1,129 bags of trash, 288 tires, 15 appliances, nine bicycles, 16 pieces of furniture, 16 televisions and 14 mattresses. This was the equivalent of 36,700 pounds of trash, 6,912 pounds of tires, 1,125 pounds of appliances, 207 pounds of bicycles, 240 pounds of televisions and 350 pounds of mattresses for a grand total of 45,534 pounds. In addition, volunteers removed 35,180 pounds of material from Living Lands and Waters’ barge. The material was hand-sorted by volunteers, and 15,000 pounds were recycled.
Additional items found, not reflected in the pounds above, included steel and iron pipes, car parts (including bumpers), water skis, wooden pallets, picnic tables, chairs, tents, sleeping bags, a shopping cart, a bowling ball, a sink and a micro-SD card.
In addition, this year the following locations worked on invasive species removal and storm-drain marking:
Photos from the event may be viewed via www.xstreamcleanup.org.
Xstream Cleanup 2013 is sponsored by the following. Presenting Sponsors: Group O and Riverboat Development Authority. Platinum Sponsors: Alcoa, THE National Bank, Living Lands & Waters™ and Waste Commission of Scott County. Gold Sponsors: Iowa American Water, Rock Island County Waste Management Agency and The Moline Foundation. Silver Sponsors: Alter Metal Recycling, DHL Global Forwarding, Independent Insurance Agents of Scott County, McCarthy-Bush Corporation, MidAmerican Energy, Radish magazine, R. A Jones, Quad City Conservation Alliance, Sears Seating and Wallace’s Garden Center. Bronze Sponsors: Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Downtown Davenport Partnership, Eastern Iowa Grain Inspection, Great River Brewery, Lowe’s and Mel Foster Company. Logistics Sponsors: Cities of Bettendorf, Buffalo, Davenport, LeClaire, McCausland, Milan, Moline, Rock Island and Silvis; Bi-State Regional Commission, Keep Rock Island Beautiful, iLivehere™, Partners of Scott County Watersheds, Republic Services and River Roots Live.
Tags See All Tags