- Download Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Upgrade (32-bit)
- Download Adobe Flex Builder Professional 3 MAC
- Download Lynda.com - Real-World XML
- Buy Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2014 (64-bit) (en,de,fr,ja,ko,zh)
- 349.95$ CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 Architect cheap oem
- Buy OEM Corel Painter X3
- Buy OEM Adobe Fireworks CS6 MAC
- Download Lynda.com - PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics
- Discount - ABest Video to AppleTV 3GP SWF Converter
- 9.95$ Word 2010 All-in-One For Dummies cheap oem
|Want to Send a Press Release?|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Friday, 07 September 2012 12:21|
5 Tips to Ensure Yours is Effective
Entrepreneurs and businesses, interest clubs and civic groups, authors and even proud parents – they all have a message they want the press to help share.
They may be interested in contributing an article or column. They may have a great story they’d like a reporter to tell. Or, they have a product or book that can help readers solve their problems.
As media outlets devoted to providing news and information to their readers, the press -- newspapers, magazines and their online counterparts -- want to help! But, too often, the people interested in getting print coverage thwart their own efforts by making simple mistakes.
Here are some things to consider before sending that email:
Even if you don’t make these common mistakes, catching the interest of an editor can be difficult. Remember to paste your pitch into the body of your email – don’t send it as an attachment, which may get it flagged as junk mail. Follow up with a polite phone call (“Just wanted to make sure you received my email regarding an article I can write for you”). Getting print coverage is possible, so don’t give up!
About Marsha Friedman
Marsha Friedman is a 22-year veteran of the public relations industry. She is the CEO of EMSI Public Relations (www.emsincorporated.com), a national firm that provides PR strategy and publicity services to corporations, entertainers, authors and professional firms. Marsha is the author of Celebritize Yourself: The 3-Step Method to Increase Your Visibility and Explode Your Business and she can also be heard weekly on her Blog Talk Radio Show, EMSI’s PR Insider every Thursday at 3:00 PM EST.
Tags See All Tags