- Buy OEM Autodesk Mudbox 2011 (64-bit)
- Buy Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 (en,fr,es,de,it,nl,pt,ja,sv,fi,no,da,zh,ko,cs,ru,tr,pl,ro,hu,uk,ar,he,el)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Trapcode Particular Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Premium
- Buy Divergent media ClipWrap 2 MAC (en)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2012
- 279.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- 9.95$ Excel 2007 All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy Digital Portrait Photography For Dummies (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - CSS: Page Layouts
- Download Apple Mac Box Set
- Buy OEM Acala DVD Ripper Professional 5
|Warped by Your Family? Join the Club|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Wednesday, 23 January 2013 14:04|
Psychiatrist Offers Tips to Overcome Common Issues
At the heart of almost all of his patients’ problems, says psychiatrist Gary Malone, are issues that stem from the family that raised them creating problems in the family they’ve started.
“Almost all of us deal with this to some degree or another. Very few families are idyllic,” says Malone, a distinguished fellow in the American Psychiatric Association, and coauthor with his sister Susan Mary Malone of “What’s Wrong with My Family?” (www.whatswrongwithmyfamily.
“Forget ‘Leave it to Beaver.’ Normal families are more like ‘The Twilight Zone.’ ”
Despite that, most of us manage to lead happy, productive lives.
“Once we recognize the childhood baggage we’ve carried into adulthood, we can take steps to compensate, make corrections, and change how we raise our own children,” Malone says.
These are some of the qualities of a healthy family, and what you can do if that quality was missing or in short supply as you were growing up:
About Dr. Gary Malone, M.D. & Susan Mary Malone
Dr. Gary Malone is an Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Texas Southwestern and a teaching analyst at the Dallas Psychoanalytic Institute. He is a distinguished fellow in the American Psychiatric Association with board certifications in general and addiction psychiatry. He has worked in hospitals and private practices for more than 30 years. Dr. Malone is director of Adult Chemical Dependency Services at Millwood Hospital in Arlington, Texas.
Tags See All Tags