- Buy Cheap Adobe Acrobat X Pro MAC
- Discount - Dreamweaver CS5 All-in-One For Dummies
- Discount - Adobe Illustrator CS5 on Demand
- Download Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 MAC
- Discount - FontLab Fontographer 5 MAC
- Buy Adobe Fireworks CS5 (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,cs,pl,ru,tr,ja)
- Discount - I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Corporate MAC
- Discount - MathWorks MatLab R2009b (64-bit)
- 9.95$ Dreamweaver CS4 All-in-One For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk Ecotect Analysis 2011
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Vista Business with SP2 (64bit)
- Buy Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 (en,ar,de,es,fr,he,it,ja,ko,nl,pt,ru,bg,cs,da,el,et,fi,hi,hr,hu,id,kk,lt,lv,ms,nb,pl,ro,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,vi)
- Buy OEM GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 13 MAC
|Warped by Your Family? Join the Club|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Wednesday, 23 January 2013 14:04|
Psychiatrist Offers Tips to Overcome Common Issues
At the heart of almost all of his patients’ problems, says psychiatrist Gary Malone, are issues that stem from the family that raised them creating problems in the family they’ve started.
“Almost all of us deal with this to some degree or another. Very few families are idyllic,” says Malone, a distinguished fellow in the American Psychiatric Association, and coauthor with his sister Susan Mary Malone of “What’s Wrong with My Family?” (www.whatswrongwithmyfamily.
“Forget ‘Leave it to Beaver.’ Normal families are more like ‘The Twilight Zone.’ ”
Despite that, most of us manage to lead happy, productive lives.
“Once we recognize the childhood baggage we’ve carried into adulthood, we can take steps to compensate, make corrections, and change how we raise our own children,” Malone says.
These are some of the qualities of a healthy family, and what you can do if that quality was missing or in short supply as you were growing up:
About Dr. Gary Malone, M.D. & Susan Mary Malone
Dr. Gary Malone is an Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Texas Southwestern and a teaching analyst at the Dallas Psychoanalytic Institute. He is a distinguished fellow in the American Psychiatric Association with board certifications in general and addiction psychiatry. He has worked in hospitals and private practices for more than 30 years. Dr. Malone is director of Adult Chemical Dependency Services at Millwood Hospital in Arlington, Texas.
Tags See All Tags