- Buy Lynda.com - Objective-C Essential Training (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - PostgreSQL 9 with PHP Essential Training
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Japanese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Discount - Xilisoft Video To Audio Converter 5.1
- Buy Lynda.com - Access 2010 - Forms and Reports in Depth (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCad Revit Architecture Suite 2012
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Digital Photography Principles: The Camera cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Muse Essential Training cheap oem
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2011
- Buy Lynda.com - Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop (en)
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Adobe Premiere Elements 10
- 249.95$ Autodesk AutoCad Revit Architecture Suite 2012 cheap oem
- Discount - ABest Video to WMV MOV Converter
- Buy Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 (en)
- Download Super Win A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner
|WASTE COMMISSION ENCOURAGES RESIDENTS TO PROPERLY DISPOSE OF HAZARDOUS MATERIAL IN JUNE|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Erin Vorac|
|Friday, 08 June 2012 11:20|
DAVENPORT, IA—Waste Commission of Scott County (Commission) is encouraging area residents to clear their garages, homes and workshops of household hazardous materials (HHM) during the month of June. HHM are items such as paints, pesticides, cleaners and other toxins that are no longer in use. This reduces the risk of accidental poisoning and fires and ensures environmentally sound disposal of these materials through the Commission’s HHM program. The service is free to residents in Scott County, Iowa and Rock Island County, Illinois.
The Commission accepts these items by appointment on Mondays, Tuesdays and Saturdays at its facilities in Davenport and Buffalo. Appointments are required to ensure adequate staffing to handle the hazardous materials, which leads to shorter wait times for the customer.
To make an appointment, residents should first take a rough inventory of their materials and then visit www.wastecom.com or call (563) 381-1300 to choose the facility, date and time that is most convenient. Residents who make an appointment by June 30 are entered in a drawing to win one of thirteen $25 gift cards from K&K Hardware in Bettendorf.
If residents do not have material to dispose of at this time, there is still al chance to win! The Commission is gathering data on opinions and awareness related to local hazardous waste disposal options. Everyone who takes the survey automatically receives a coupon for $5 off a $25 purchase at K&K Hardware and is entered to win a $250 gift card to K&K Hardware. Visit www.wastecomgiveaway.com by June 10 to be entered to win.
The Commission is an inter-governmental agency that operates the Scott Area Landfill, Scott Area Recycling Center, Scott Area Household Hazardous Material Facilities and the Electronic Demanufacturing Facility. In addition, it provides public education and outreach through the iLivehere: myhome ourcommunity® program. For more information about the Commission visit www.wastecom.com.
# # #
Tags See All Tags