- Buy Cheap InstallShield X Express Edition
- 19.95$ Microsoft AutoRoute 2010 Europe cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - Create an Interactive Map with jQuery
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Night and Low Light
- 399.95$ Maplesoft Maple 16 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium Student and Teacher Edition MAC
- 79.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Filipino (Level 1, 2 Set) cheap oem
- 359.95$ Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2014 Ultimate (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Visual Studio Test Professional 2012 (32-bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap Corel VideoStudio Pro X6
- 19.95$ BeLight Software Art Text 2 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Office Visio Premium 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CC
- Discount - Adobe After Effects CS4
|WE NEED VOLUNTEERS|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Natalie Linville-Mass|
|Tuesday, 06 May 2014 08:02|
Hampton, IL/May, 2014- This coming Saturday, May 10th Living Lands & Waters (LL&W) is searching for volunteers to participate in their newest program, the Invasive Species Removal Project. This project focuses on eradicating Japanese Honeysuckle, a species with the ability to invade natural systems, multiplying so quickly that it often dominates all other greenery, sometimes leading to the exclusion of the native species.
"The problem is so immense and widespread that we need all the help we can get. If you're looking to make a really big difference and see the real results in a short period of time, this is the project for you." said President & Founder of LL&W, Chad Pregracke.
Volunteers will use hand saws, loppers, and weed wrenches to remove the honeysuckle. Flagging each location where honeysuckle is removed is crucial, so volunteers will carry flags and mark locations they visit along the way. LL&W will provide all the necessary tools, hard hats, gloves, protective eye wear, as well as lunch. They just ask volunteers to wear boots/athletic shoes (closed toe are a must), long pants, light-colored clothing for hot weather and layers of warm clothing during cooler days. Due to the nature of the work, LL&W is limiting this event to volunteers 16 years of age and above.
Alternative time slots are available in May. Please visit http://livinglandsandwaters.
About Living Lands & Waters – Chad Pregracke started Living Lands & Waters in 1998 as a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the beautification and restoration of America’s major rivers and to the education of people about environmental issues. From his single boat beginning, LL&W has grown to an internationally known organization with a fleet of barges and workboats. LL&W engages thousands of volunteers each year in river cleanups, hands-on environmental education workshops, the Great Mississippi River Cleanup, Adopt-a- River-Mile programs and the Million Trees Project.
Tags See All Tags