- Download ABest AVI Video Converter
- 249.95$ Autodesk Smoke 2012 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - Trapcode Particular Essential Training (en)
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard MAC
- Download Windows 7 Just the Steps For Dummies
- Discount - Photoshop CC: The Missing Manual
- Buy Adobe Authorware 7 (en)
- Buy OEM Ashampoo Photo Commander 6
- Download Microsoft Office SharePoint Workspace 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Illustrator CS4 MAC
- Buy Cheap Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite
- Discount - VMware Workstation 6.5
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 MAC
|Wear Jeans to Work to Benefit Make-A-Wish Foundation|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Lisa Hoffman Vondale|
|Thursday, 11 February 2010 14:22|
Geneseo Girl Highlighted In Statewide Make-A-Wish Foundation Promotion
PEORIA – Brooke, 8, from Geneseo, was diagnosed with severe Type 1 diabetes shortly before her second birthday. Her condition is complicated by severe hypoglycemia. Thanks to the Make-A-Wish Foundation and their upcoming Jeans for Wishes campaign, Brooke’s dream of owning a therapy dog will come true this spring.
Brooke is bubbly and goofy and enjoys cracking jokes. She likes to take care of her cat, Sophie, and beagle named Sadie. She likes listening to Miley Cyrus and enjoys gymnastics, swimming, and cheering for the local softball team, the Lady Leafs.
When she learned that some therapy dogs are trained to smell when a diabetic’s sugar level drops, she decided to wish for a golden retriever that could help her and her family cope with her diabetes. She also loves dogs, so Brooke knows a dog will be a welcome addition to her house.
About Jeans for Wishes
Participating organizations will receive a Jeans for Wishes starter kit to promote the program within their group. The inspiring stories of wish children, including Brooke, who benefit from this fundraiser are posted online at www.jeansforwishes.org where Jeans For Wishes participants can send notes of encouragement to several wish children. The campaign is supported by Abt Electronics, Old Navy and Midas.
About the Make-A-Wish Foundation
Tags See All Tags