- Download Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Download MAMP Pro MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection
- Buy OEM NovoSoft Handy Backup 6.1 Server
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCad Architecture 2012 (32-bit)
- Download Geometric CAMWorks 2014 32-bit
- Download Lynda.com - ASP.NET Essential Training
- Buy OEM Adobe Audition CS5.5 MAC
- Buy OEM Sage ACT Premium 2012
- Buy OEM Nuance OmniPage Professional 17
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Type Effects (en)
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Acrobat XI
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop cheap oem
|Wear Jeans to Work to Benefit Make-A-Wish Foundation|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Lisa Hoffman Vondale|
|Thursday, 11 February 2010 14:22|
Geneseo Girl Highlighted In Statewide Make-A-Wish Foundation Promotion
PEORIA – Brooke, 8, from Geneseo, was diagnosed with severe Type 1 diabetes shortly before her second birthday. Her condition is complicated by severe hypoglycemia. Thanks to the Make-A-Wish Foundation and their upcoming Jeans for Wishes campaign, Brooke’s dream of owning a therapy dog will come true this spring.
Brooke is bubbly and goofy and enjoys cracking jokes. She likes to take care of her cat, Sophie, and beagle named Sadie. She likes listening to Miley Cyrus and enjoys gymnastics, swimming, and cheering for the local softball team, the Lady Leafs.
When she learned that some therapy dogs are trained to smell when a diabetic’s sugar level drops, she decided to wish for a golden retriever that could help her and her family cope with her diabetes. She also loves dogs, so Brooke knows a dog will be a welcome addition to her house.
About Jeans for Wishes
Participating organizations will receive a Jeans for Wishes starter kit to promote the program within their group. The inspiring stories of wish children, including Brooke, who benefit from this fundraiser are posted online at www.jeansforwishes.org where Jeans For Wishes participants can send notes of encouragement to several wish children. The campaign is supported by Abt Electronics, Old Navy and Midas.
About the Make-A-Wish Foundation
Tags See All Tags