- Buy Excel 2007 Data Analysis For Dummies (en)
- Discount - Autodesk Revit 2014
- Buy Eset Smart Security 6 (32-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Access 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Download Adobe InDesign CS4
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2011
- Download Many Tricks Usher MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2012
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effects
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD 2015 (32-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,hu,it,ko,pl,pt,ru,zh)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection MAC
- Buy Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 MAC (en,de,fr,ja)
- Discount - Corel Draw Graphics Suite X5
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD P&ID 2014 (64-bit) (en)
|Weekly Video Address: Fast and Furious|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Sen Chuck Grassley|
|Tuesday, 11 October 2011 12:57|
Click here for audio.
Here is the text of the address:
Last weekend, my office received a new set of documents from the Justice Department related to my investigation of the ill-advised strategy known as Fast and Furious.
The documents were revealing. Included were several memorandums to Attorney General Holder that reveal the Attorney General was briefed at least five times beginning in July 2010 in written memos about Fast and Furious.
What is concerning to many of us is the fact that the Attorney General told the House Judiciary Committee in May 2011 that he had just learned of Fast and Furious a few weeks before. Yet, on January 31, in a previously scheduled meeting, I personally handed him two letters about Fast and Furious.
Now, to find out he knew some pretty detailed information about the operation back in the summer of 2010, is troubling.
The memo specifically says that the straw buyers, including the target of the investigation, were “responsible for the purchase of 1500 firearms that were then supplied to Mexican drug trafficking cartels.” It seems the logical question for the Attorney General, and his staff, after reading the memo would be “why haven’t we stopped them?”
In addition, the documents we received show several other people very high up in the Justice Department knew a great deal of information about Fast and Furious, including that guns were being walked.
Congressman Issa, the chairman of the House Oversight Committee who I’m working with, and I will continue working to get to the bottom of this. We want to make sure a stupid program like this never happens again.-30-
Tags See All Tags