- Buy Acronis True Image 11 Home (en)
- Buy Cheap FL Studio 9 Producer XXL
- Buy Cheap ABest Video Converter Spirit
- Download The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers
- 19.95$ Norton PartitionMagic 8.0 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Intuit Quicken Rental Property Manager 2009
- Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Full LifeTime License) (en,de,es,fr,it,ja,ko,zh)
- Buy Roxio Creator 2011 Pro (en,de,es,fr,it,pt,nl)
- 149.95$ Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- 29.95$ Nik Software Color Efex Pro 3 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2009 (32-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard MAC
|We’re No Longer No. 1, But We’re Still Too Fat, Says Physician|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Tuesday, 23 July 2013 13:12|
5 Myths that Misinform Our Efforts to Slim Down
We’re not No. 1 anymore. Mexico, according to the U.N. Food and Agricultural Organization, has surpassed the United States as the fattest nation in the world.
An estimated 70 percent of the population is overweight, and about one-third of Mexicans are obese. Just one fat-related disease, diabetes, accounts for nearly 70,000 Mexican deaths per year.
“But this doesn’t mean our health to the north has gotten better – it just means others have gotten worse, and the dubious distinction of who is the world’s most obese nation is debatable,” says Dr. James L. Hardeman, who has seen firsthand the consequences of unhealthy habits during his 30 years as a practicing physician.
“For one, we’ve been fatter longer than Mexico has and yet we still haven’t sufficiently dealt with our national epidemic of fat-based disease. Our overweight and obese percentages are neck and neck with Mexico’s, and some of this is due to misinformation.”
Dr. Hardeman, author of “Appears Younger than Stated Age,” (www.jameslhardeman.com), a pragmatic guide to looking younger, debunks some of the myths that aren’t helping dieters:
About Dr. James L. Hardeman
Dr. James L. Hardeman has been a practicing physician for 30 years. Triple board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Diseases, and Critical Care Medicine, Dr. Hardeman has maintained the demanding schedule of both hospital-based medicine and a busy office practice. After graduating Summa Cum Laude from University of California at Irvine he attended Baylor College of Medicine where he graduated with honors. Postgraduate training in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine took place at USC and UCI.
Tags See All Tags