- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture
- Download Microsoft Word 2013
- Download Nuance OmniPage Professional 16
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows 8 (32 bit)
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Advanced Revit Structure 2014 Training
- Download Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2012
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Dutch (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Cheap Panic CandyBar 3 MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2009
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - LinkedIn Essential Training
- Download Sony Vegas Pro 13
- Buy Micromat TechTool Pro 6 MAC (32-bit) (en)
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Spain) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
|WESTBROOK SINGERS CHRISTMAS SPECIAL ON WQPT|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Lora Adams|
|Monday, 12 December 2011 14:10|
MOLINE, ILLINOIS – WQPT, Quad Cities PBS will air a holiday special Monday, December 5th at 7:00 pm featuring local gospel singers The Westbrook Singers. The concert is the first in a series of programs supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council that will highlight Illinois artists. The program will also air on December 8 at 9 pm and Christmas Day at 2:30 pm.
“Earlier this year the Illinois Arts Council called to offer WQPT the opportunity to create a television series that focused on artists who work out of the State of Illinois. We had been hoping to create a series like this for some time, but this grant made the dream possible,” said WQPT General Manager, Rick Best.
The series titled “Artists in Profile” is set to begin airing in early 2012 and will include three specials. The first one “A Westbrook Singers Christmas” and a second Westbrook gospel concert scheduled for March along with a concert by the Bucktown Revue. In addition there will be 10 half hour programs. “So far we have interviewed 10 artists of every kind and taped the three specials” said WQPT producer, Lora Adams. “Our idea was to talk about how artists are inspired and educated,” Adams said adding “WQPT had been trying for several years to find the funding to capture the remarkable voices of the Westbrook Singers and now we have.” The Westbrook Singers website calls them “An extraordinary group - brother & sisters - dedicated to the spread of Gospel music in a style that is both contemporary and traditional.”
All of the concerts were taped over a three day period at Fusion Communications. “We were so fortunate to have had Capri College come in and provide hair and make-up services to the casts and to Foster Family Music who lent us a really gorgeous piano,” said Adams. Lighting for the concerts was designed by Butch Bos and Jeff Lyle and audio recording was done by Lars Rehnberg. Camera operators were Adam Less, Cody Lambert, Todd Steffens, Chris Ryder and Mike Lambert. “We hope people will tune in and enjoy the concert” said Best.
WQPT is a media service of Western Illinois University located in Moline, Illinois.
# # #
Tags See All Tags