- Buy Cheap DivX Pro 7 MAC
- 9.95$ Microsoft Office 2007 For Seniors For Dummies cheap oem
- Download Adobe Acrobat XI Pro MAC
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photo Restoration with Photoshop
- Download Lynda.com - Trapcode Particular Essential Training
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- Buy OEM ABest Video to MOV MPEG Converter
- Discount - Dreamweaver CS5 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office OneNote 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2011
- Download Adobe eLearning Suite 2.5
- 29.95$ Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows cheap oem
- Buy Rob Papen Predator MAC (en)
- 99.95$ Vmware Workstation 10 cheap oem
|Western Illinois University professor/poet debuts first chapbook collection|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by 918studio.net|
|Tuesday, 28 August 2012 14:02|
918studio to release Schaefer’s In Search of Lode September 1
LECLAIRE, IOWA — August 27, 2012 — In Search of Lode, a collection of poetry by Nancy Ann Schaefer, will be released by 918studio on September 1. The chapbook is Schaefer’s first collection of poetry. Cover and interior design for the collection was by Sarah Throne-Ploehn of Rivertown Creative.
Schaefer will read from her collection at a chapbook launch party and book signing to be held from 1-3 p.m. on Saturday, September 15, at the Midwest Writing Center. The event will be held in the third floor conference room of the Bucktown Center of the Arts at 225 East 2nd Street, Davenport. The public is invited and refreshments will be available.
Schaefer is a poet and Quad Cities area college professor, and teaches sociology and liberal arts at Western Illinois University’s new Riverfront campus. She was twice a finalist for the Max J. Molleston Award in the Mississippi Valley Poetry Contest, and is a member of the Quint City Poets and the Rockford Writers’ Guild. Her poems have appeared in a number of anthologies and journals including The Rockford Review, Numinous, Off Channel, Avocet, Outloud, In Other Words: Mérida, Struggle, and Women’s Voices Journal.
Local poet, Ellen Tsagaris, had early praise for Lode: “With In Search of Lode, Nancy Ann Schaefer shows us that poetry is indeed a universal language by offering verses in English, Spanish, and Dutch that cross the United States but traverse the world. She makes the common and simple sublime, and the sublime simple to understand with verse that is lyrical yet familiar, as if the lode were the depths of our communal heart
Milliken University English chair and award-winning poet, Stephen Frech, said Schaefer mines “mineral and personal depths…[to] recover ‘artifacts of concord […] tangible reminders of our conjoined / past.’ In Search of Lode beautifully reclaims the ironies of finding the pure and infinite in things “preserved like ants in amber—forever young.”
In Search of Lode is available for purchase at the Midwest Writing Center and on Amazon.com.
For more about 918studio, visit
For more about Rivertown Creative & Co, visit
For more about the Midwest Writing Center, visit
Tags See All Tags