- 199.95$ CorelCAD 2013 (64 bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Apple Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- Buy Cheap Mindjet MindManager 9 MAC
- Buy Cheap Maxon BodyPaint 3D R3
- Buy OEM Intuit Quicken Home & Business 2011
- 99.95$ Magix Samplitude 11 cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap MacGourmet Deluxe 3 MAC
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers (en)
- Discount - Adobe CC Master Collection (Full LifeTime License)
- 29.95$ Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Sony Vegas Pro 11 (32-bit)
- Download Autodesk 3Ds Max 2009
- 29.95$ Algolab Photo Vector 1.98 cheap oem
|What is one thing 80 percent of employers in Illinois have in common?|
|News Releases - Business, Economy & Finance|
|Written by Holly Smith|
|Tuesday, 16 April 2013 14:58|
What is one thing 80 percent of employers in Illinois have in common?
In the past 10 years, they have hired a community college student.
What do nearly 1 million Illinois residents have in common each year?
They are taking classes at a community college.
What happens to nine out of 10 community college graduates in Illinois?
They stay in Illinois where they live, work, pay taxes and raise their families.
Community colleges equal opportunities:
· Opportunities for high school students to earn college-credit while still in high school.
· Opportunities for recent grads as well as adult learners to get an education and quickly enter the workforce.
· Opportunities for businesses to hire local employees with specialized skills and training.
· Opportunities for immigrants to learn English and become part of their new community.
“Our college simply does not exist apart from the communities we serve,” says Dr. Thomas Baynum, Black Hawk College president.
“We are our community’s college. The strength of a community college lies in the word ‘community.’ ”
The month of April is designated as Community College Month. It is a time to celebrate a uniquely American institution, a place where anyone from any walk of life can become a college student.
This semester Black Hawk College is educating 5,570 college-credit students and more than 1,300 Adult Education students.
Across the college district, the college has students from approximately 50 countries. Some are beginning to learn English while others are pursuing associate degrees.
This summer Black Hawk College will host more than 1,000 elementary, middle and high school students through College for Kids, Digital Divas, softball and basketball camps, swim lessons and community education programs.
From the beginning, Black Hawk College has been here to serve the community. The college began in 1946 as Moline Community College to accommodate World War II veterans seeking higher education.A lot has changed in 67 years, but one thing has not – Black Hawk College is still here, adapting and evolving to continue serving the needs of the community.
Tags See All Tags