- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 (32 bit) (en)
- Buy MacJournal 5 MAC (en)
- Buy OEM ARTS PDF Aerialist
- Buy Cheap IMSI TurboCAD Mac Designer v5
- Buy OEM Digital Photography Composition For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Agile Bits 1Password 4 MAC
- Buy OEM ABest Video to WMV MOV Converter
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM ABest Video to AVI MOV Converter
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CC MAC (Full LifeTime License) (en,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,no,pt,sv,tr,hu,pl,fi,ru,uk,ja,ko,zh)
- 89.95$ Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended Student And Teacher Edition MAC cheap oem
|What to Do if Your Site Needs Surgery|
|News Releases - Science & Technology|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Monday, 11 June 2012 08:50|
By: Joe Thomas of Left Brain Digital
... So the guy stands there with his mouth agape and says, "But Doc, why do you have to operate on my foot? The splinter is in my finger!"
Why am I leading off with a punch line? Because it applies to about 80 percent of people who can’t figure out why their website doesn’t “work.”
Pretend your website is the patient in my half-a-joke. Now toss in a "web guru" as the doctor. There are two main reasons why you’ve gotten surgery on a foot when a finger was the problem.
In all aspects of business, and especially Internet marketing, some people may say whatever it takes to sell you on “surgery.” Proceed with caution! Before you hire someone to develop, design or "fix" your site, get referrals. Ask people you trust for recommendations.
Ask the “doctor” questions. If he or she can't take the time to explain every procedure, find someone who will. You need to understand the suggestions – and the reasons for them. Also, be warned there is no Standard Pricing Guide. My best advice is to avoid being sucked into the cheapest deal you can find, or being fooled by the "we are the best so we charge the most" designers.
If you're not getting the results you need from your site, ask yourself a few questions:
Common sense is the most valuable tool at your disposable, but be smart enough to know what you don't know! Successful websites don't just appear. They’re properly developed, cultivated and then regularly watered.
Developing a successful website is hard work; finding the right surgeon can be even harder.
About Joe Thomas
Joe Thomas is the founder and owner of Left Brain Digital (www.leftbraindigital.com), a web development company. He’s an award-winning web designer/developer with more than 18 years of experience in print and web design and development. Thomas' work became a major influence in graphic and web design in the "Y2K" era of the Internet's dot-com explosion.
Tags See All Tags