- Buy Cheap ABest MPEG VCD DVD Video Converter
- 99.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Standard cheap oem
- 89.95$ Adobe Flash Professional CS5 MAC cheap oem
- 29.95$ Ashampoo ClipFisher (32-bit) cheap oem
- 219.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection Student and Teacher Edition cheap oem
- 199.95$ Autodesk Smoke 2011 MAC cheap oem
- Download OriginLab OriginPro 8
- Buy Lynda.com - HTML5: Video and Audio in Depth (en)
- 79.95$ Propellerhead Reason 4 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Photoshop CC For Dummies
- Buy OEM Altova SemanticWorks 2009
- Buy OEM 4Media DVD Ripper Platinum 5
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2011
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials
|Which Social Media Platforms are Right for You?|
|News Releases - Science & Technology|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Thursday, 20 February 2014 17:02|
By: Marsha Friedman
If you want to be visible in today’s marketplace, you absolutely must have a presence on social media.
But there are so many from which to choose nowadays! In addition to the biggies like Facebook and Twitter, we have lots of newcomers, including Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr. Additionally, some of the older platforms have undergone major changes in recent months, which affect how effective they are for different functions.
How to know which platforms will best meet your needs?
I asked Alex Hinojosa, our vice president for media operations at EMSI Public Relations, to share some tips for helping you decide.
First, he says, if you plan to handle your social media marketing yourself, try different platforms and use ones with features you enjoy. That will help ensure you stick with it, and may lead you to create inspired content that’s more likely to be shared.
Be on at least two platforms, he says. (If one’s mostly personal stuff for family and friends, it doesn’t count!)
Here’s Alex’s rundown on the advantages and disadvantages of the four most popular platforms:
As Alex suggests, if you plan to handle your social media marketing yourself, take into consideration the modes of networking that you enjoy along with the best platforms to meet your needs.
If you have limited experience in social media, jump into the platforms that seem to best align with your goals. You’ll have a learning curve, but a little practice goes a long way. And you’ll soon wonder why you didn’t get more involved a long time ago!
About Marsha Friedman
Marsha Friedman is a 24-year veteran of the public relations industry. She is the CEO of EMSI Public Relations (www.emsincorporated.com), a national firm that provides PR strategy and publicity services to businesses, professional firms, entertainers and authors. Marsha is the author of Celebritize Yourself and can also be heard weekly on her Blog Talk Radio Show, The PR Insider. Follow her on Twitter: @marshafriedman.
Tags See All Tags