- Buy Autodesk SketchBook Designer 2012 MAC (en,fr,de,ja)
- Buy Cheap Apple Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
- 9.95$ Excel 2010 All-in-One For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy OEM Photoshop CS4 For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Viveza 2
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2014 (32-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2009
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection MAC
- 79.95$ I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Pro Asian MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Pro Asian MAC
- 299.95$ Geometric CAMWorks 2014 64-bit cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - InDesign Tables In Depth
|Why Do Knitting and Crochet Continue to Hook So Many Fans?|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Wednesday, 05 June 2013 07:36|
Yarn Crafter Shares 4 Unexpected Benefits
The idea of “DIY” is definitely in vogue, bringing an upswing in popularity of knitting and crocheting, and there’s no sign interest will wane anytime soon, says lifelong craftswoman Betty Hechtman.
“Pinterest and Etsy are two of the hottest websites online today, and they’re brimming with hand-knitted items, from socks and scarves to purses and pretty much anything that can be made from yarn,” says Hechtman, author of “Yarn to Go,” (www.BettyHechtman.com), the first in a new cozy mystery series scheduled for publication in July by Berkley Prime Crime Books.
“The hand-knitted caps and sweaters that might have embarrassed us as kids are now a hip expression of artistry,” she says. “Young adults appreciate originality and craftsmanship, and they’re an innovative bunch. They’re doing amazing things with yarn!”
Surprisingly, she notes, crocheting is even more popular than knitting. It’s No. 3 on the top 10 U.S. crafts list compiled by the Craft and Hobby Association, with 17.4 million devotees. Knitting comes in at No. 9 with 13 million needle fans.
“What’s interesting is people say they’re drawn to yarn crafts because of the creativity,” Hechtman says, citing a Craft Yarn Council survey of more than 5,000 knitters. “But once they get into it, they say they realize it also helps with stress.”
That’s just one of the unexpected benefits of time spent knitting and crocheting. Hechtman cites four more:
About Betty Hechtman
Betty Hechtman is the author of “Yarn to Go,” the first book in the Berkley Prime Crime Yarn Retreat mystery series, as well as the author of the best-selling Berkley Prime Crime Crochet mystery series. The eighth book, “For Better or Worsted,” comes out in November. She has also written newspaper and magazine pieces, short stories and screenplays as well as a children’s culinary mystery. She has a bachelor of fine arts degree and has been active in handicrafts since she was a small child. Hechtman divides her time between Los Angeles and Chicago.
Tags See All Tags