- Buy Cheap Adobe Director 11.5
- Download Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Pro Tools 11
- Buy OEM Adobe Framemaker 10
- 99.95$ Magix Samplitude 11 cheap oem
- 69.95$ Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Windows Web Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)
- Buy Adobe InCopy CS5 MAC (en,ja,ko,zh,da,de,es,fi,fr,it,no,nl,pt,sv,cs,hu,pl,ru,tr,uk)
- Buy Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop MAC (en)
- Discount - Microsoft AutoRoute 2010 Europe
- Buy Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 MAC (en,de,fr,ja)
- Buy Microsoft AutoRoute 2010 Europe (en)
|Winter Programs at Herbert Hoover National Historic Site|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Adam Prato|
|Tuesday, 07 January 2014 14:53|
WEST BRANCH, IOWA— Herbert Hoover National Historic Site invites visitors to attend free winter ranger programs in 2014.
Join a park ranger at 10 a.m. on January 18 for a one-hour “Snowshoe Through the Park”. The park has some snowshoes to lend. Call (319) 643-2541 to reserve a pair. The hike is suitable for ages 5 and up, will begin at Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum, and will cover less than one mile through the tallgrass prairie. Participants must have sturdy boots, and should dress appropriately for the weather and bring water.
Dr. Richard Baker continues his lecture series “Geology of the National Parks”, with presentations focusing on Everglades (January 15) and Arches and Canyonlands (February 19). The lectures begin at the visitor center of Herbert Hoover National Historic Site at 7 p.m. and last about one hour.
President’s Day weekend will be a good opportunity to learn more about our 31st President. On Saturday, February 15 a park ranger discusses “Herbert Hoover’s National Parks”: special places like Arches, Isle Royale, George Washington Birthplace, Sunset Crater Volcano, and other national parks and monuments preserved by Herbert Hoover’s administration. The presentation begins at 2 p.m. in the visitor center.
Following “Herbert Hoover’s National Parks” on February 15 will be the grand opening of the historic site’s new permanent exhibits from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. The new exhibits the stories of President Hoover’s childhood in West Branch and how he later helped develop this park which commemorates his life. Refreshments will be offered.
On Saturday, March 29 a park ranger will examine “The Undying Legacy of President Hoover”: the many places, events, and objects named in his honor. Archival photos and documents will illustrate his range of influence and the variety of ways he legacy carries on today. Audience members will be invited to share their own remembrances of Herbert Hoover during the program. Meet at the visitor center at 2 p.m.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site and the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum are in West Branch, Iowa at exit 254 off I-80. Both are open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time. For more information go online at www.nps.gov/heho or call (319) 643-2541.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site
110 Parkside Drive
PO Box 607
West Branch, Iowa 52358
319 643-2541 phone
319 643-7864 fax
Tags See All Tags