- Buy Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 (en,fr,es,de,it,nl,pt,ja,sv,fi,no,da,zh,ko,cs,ru,tr,pl,ro,hu,uk,ar,he,el)
- Download Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional
- Discount - Nik Software Complete Collection 2013
- Buy Cheap Ashampoo Magical Snap 2
- Buy Cheap Alien Skin Exposure 5
- 99.95$ Frischluft Lenscare for AE and PrPro cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop Retouching Techniques: Beauty Portraits (Feb. 2013) (en)
- 79.95$ Atomix VirtualDJ Pro 6 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Paragon Drive Backup Professional 8.5 (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Framemaker Server 10
- Buy Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Macro and Close-Up (en)
|WLLR Uses Airwaves to Help Save Children's Lives.|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Richard Martin|
|Monday, 26 January 2009 17:01|
Radio Station WLLR will host its 17th annual Country Cares for St. Jude Kids radiothon on Thursday, February 19th and Friday, February 20th, live from HyVee stores in Davenport and Moline. The radiothon raises much needed funds for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, the world's premiere center fot he research and treatment of cancer and other catastrophic childhood diseases. Last year, Country Cares raised nearly $30 million in pledges nationwide and WLLR helped contribute to that total, thanks to their generous local listeners.
The Country Cares for St. Jude Kids program began in 1989 after Randy Owen, lead singer of the music group Alabama, met St. Jude founder Danny Thomas. Since its inception, Country Cares has grown to be one of the most successful radio fund-raising events in the nation with more than 200 radio station partners raising more than $345 million in pledges.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is internationally recognized for its pioneering work in finding cures and saving children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. Founded by the late entertainer, Danny Thomas, and based in Memphis, Tennessee, St. Jude freely shares its discoveries with scientific and medical communities around the world. No family ever pays for treatmens not covered by insurance, and families without insurance are never asked to pay. St. Jude is financially supported by ALSAC, it's fund-raising organization. For more information, please call 1-800-822-6344 or visit www.countrycares.org or www.stjude.org.
WLLR listeners interested in helping the children and families at St. Jude can pledge a donation by calling 1-888-290-HOPE (4673) or by visiting WLLR's web site - www.wllr.com, or by stopping by the radiothon at the HyVee in Moline or the HyVee in Davenport.
Tags See All Tags