- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS4 with CSS Essential Training
- Buy OEM Adobe SpeedGrade CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Arabic (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5 for Photographers
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Transforming a Photo into a Painting with Photoshop CS6
- Buy Cheap Sony ACID Music Studio 8
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Professional CS5
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium MAC
- 19.95$ Symantec Norton Ghost™ 15.0 cheap oem
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Chinese (Mandarin) (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Up and Running with Photoshop for Photography cheap oem
|Women and COPD|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Micki Sandquist|
|Thursday, 06 June 2013 08:17|
The American Lung Association released this report today in its Disparities in Lung Health Series — “Taking Her Breath Away: The Rise of COPD in Women.” This report examines the burden of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), also known as emphysema and chronic bronchitis, among women.
COPD has long been considered a disease of white men, as they have historically smoked at higher rates than other groups. That profile is changing, and the rate of COPD among women has climbed steadily in recent years. Closer examination reveals a number of disparities in burden of disease, risk factors, and healthcare practices that must be addressed.
This report is an important tool to raise awareness of this health disparity, generate constructive discussions and build partnerships within the healthcare industry, as well as governments, community leaders and individuals to seek solutions.
key findings include:
The quality of life for women with COPD is impaired at an earlier age, and is worse overall than that of men with similar severity of disease.
Tags See All Tags