- Buy OEM Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn German (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Discount - Aquafadas Pulp Motion Advanced 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Audition 3
- Buy Cheap Adobe RoboHelp 10
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium MAC
- Buy Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 MAC (en)
- Download Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit)
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CC MAC
- Download Corel Motion Studio 3D
- Buy OEM Solidworks 2012 Premium (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Global Delight Voila 3 MAC
- Download Autodesk Maya 2011 MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2010 Professional with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
|WQPT and QC Theatre Workshop hold screening of documentary on "The Making of A Green River"|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Lora Adams|
|Friday, 01 August 2014 12:25|
WQPT airs documentary creation of local play
MOLINE, IL – WQPT cameras followed the creative process in the QC Theatre Workshop production of "A Green River" during the summer of 2013. The play tells the story about one soldier's struggle with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). The documentary, "The Making of a Green River," produced by WQPT Director of Marketing and Local Content Lora Adams, features interviews with the playwright, actors, director, soldier and a counselor, intermingled with performance video. The documentary will air at 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5 on WQPT.
"We are very excited to highlight the work that brings a new play to the stage,” said Adams.
WQPT will also be holding a screening and panel discussion Thursday, Aug. 7., beginning at 6 p.m. at the QC Theatre Workshop, where the play was originally produced. The theatre is located at 1730 Wilkes Ave., Davenport (IA). The public is invited to view the documentary and ask questions of the principles about the process of dramatizing the return of a soldier with PTSD to civilian life.
Since the play was originally produced at the QC Theatre Workshop, it was remounted at Augustana College under the direction of Broadway director and Augustana Alumni Philip Wm. McKinley.
WQPT is a media service of Western Illinois University.
Tags See All Tags