- Discount - Creative Photoshop CS4: Digital Illustration and Art Techniques
- 149.95$ Adobe InDesign CS6 cheap oem
- Discount - Aimersoft Total Media Converter 2 MAC
- 399.95$ Red Giant Trapcode Suite 12 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Contribute CS4
- Discount - Rob Papen Predator MAC
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6 MAC
- Buy Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 (32 bit) (en,it,fr,de,es,da,nl,ja,ar,bg,br,ch,cs,el,et,fi,he,hr,hu,ko,lt,lv,no,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sv,th,tr)
- Buy OEM Photoshop CS4 Down & Dirty Tricks
- Buy Adobe Audition CS5.5 MAC (cs,da,de,en,es,fr,it,ja,no,nl,pl,pt,ro,sv,tr)
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe After Effects CS5.5 MAC
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Fireworks CS4 Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy Cheap InstallShield X Express Edition
|WQPT Announces PBS and Member Stations Mark 10 Years as America’s Most Trusted Institution and an “Excellent” Use of Tax Dollars|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Lora Adams|
|Friday, 22 February 2013 15:41|
National Research Again Confirms PBS KIDS as the Most Educational TV/Media Brand, the Safest On-Air and Online Destination for Children and the Top Provider of Content That Helps Children Learn Reading, Math and Essential Skills
Moline, IL – Today WQPT, Quad Cities PBS Interim General Manager Jamie Lange announced that an annual national survey conducted over the last 10 years has consistently confirmed that PBS and its member stations are ranked first in trust among nationally known institutions and are considered an “excellent” use of tax dollars by the American public. The yearly study has also called PBS the most fair network for news and public affairs 10 consecutive times. In the most current round of research, PBS KIDS was named the most educational TV/media brand, the safest destination for children to watch television or visit online, and the top provider of content that helps children learn reading, math and essential skills. In each question, PBS KIDS significantly outscored cable and commercial broadcast television.
The research was conducted in January 2013 by the independent, non-partisan research firm ORC International. Each year, PBS commissions research to measure its performance and value as judged by its most important stakeholder – the American public.
PBS Ranks #1 in Public Trust – Nearly Twice the Level of Trust Than Courts of Law
More than 4 in 5 people trust PBS (85% “trust a great deal” or “trust somewhat”). The 2013 study marks the 10th time in a row that PBS was called the nation’s most-trusted institution among a consideration set that includes courts of law, newspapers, and others. The study found that respondents had nearly twice the level of trust in PBS (46% “trust a great deal”) over the nearest institution, courts of law (27% “trust a great deal”).
PBS Considered Top Use of Tax Dollars
· Only military defense outranked PBS as the best value for the American tax dollar. Three-quarters (75%) of those polled called PBS an “excellent” (22%) or “good” (52%) use of their tax dollars. Military defense was described as “excellent” or “good” by 77% (27% “excellent” or 50% “good”).
· Nearly 3 in 4 participants (76%) believe federal funding for PBS is money well spent.
PBS Named the Most Fair Network
More than 4 in 10 respondents (43%) called PBS’ news coverage, investigations and discussions of issues “mostly fair” (when asked to choose among “liberal,” “mostly fair” and “conservative”). PBS outscored all other sources in the “mostly fair” category, including ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX News and MSNBC.
· More than 4 in 10 respondents (44%) named PBS KIDS the most educational TV/media brand, significantly outscoring the second most highly rated brand, Disney, which was considered most educational by 12%.
· Eighty-six percent (86%) agreed “strongly or somewhat” that PBS “helps children improve their reading and math skills.” Cable and commercial broadcast television received this rating from 51% and 43% of respondents, respectively.
· Eighty-one percent (81%) agreed “strongly or somewhat” that “PBS helps prepare children for success in school and life.” This statement was equated with cable television and commercial broadcast television by 48% and 44% of participants, respectively.
· Eighty-eight percent (88%) agreed “strongly or somewhat” that PBS “is a trusted and safe place for children to watch television.” Fifty-one percent (51%) and 49% of respondents agreed with this statement regarding cable and commercial broadcast television, respectively.
· More than 3 in 4 respondents (78%) agreed “strongly or somewhat” that PBS “is a trusted and safe place for children to visit online,” while this statement was attributed to cable television and commercial broadcasters by only 41% and 37% of the sample, respectively.
· Eighty-one percent (81%) agreed “strongly or somewhat” that PBS is “the innovator” in children’s educational media. Forty-seven percent (47%) percent and 40% of participants also applied this statement to cable and commercial broadcast television, respectively.
Full results are available at http://to.pbs.org/most-trusted-2013.
# # #
WQPT, serving 309,000 households in eastern Iowa and western Illinois, is dedicated to the concept of lifelong learning. The station went on the air in November 1983 and is a public media service of Western Illinois University-Quad Cities, located in Moline, Illinois.
Tags See All Tags