- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 Essential Training
- Buy OEM Adobe Illustrator CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Corel Draw Graphics Suite X4 SP2 (en)
- Download ElcomSoft Advanced PDF Password Recovery Pro
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Europe
- Buy OEM Access 2010 For Dummies
- Buy OEM Adobe Illustrator CS5 Classroom in a Book
- Download Parallels Desktop 7 MAC
- Buy DxO Optics Pro Elite 8 (en)
|WQPT AWARDS THE 2011 BROADCAST SCHOLARSHIP|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Lora Adams|
|Tuesday, 14 June 2011 12:41|
MOLINE, ILLINOIS – WQPT is delighted to announce that Paul Strater has been awarded the 2011 WQPT Broadcast Scholarship.
"It's an honor to be recognized by WQPT-TV with the award of this scholarship," Strater said. "As a nontraditional student, the financial realities of later life such as mortgages and car payments and the challenges of funding a college education without parental help or the loans available to parents are quite a challenge. This scholarship will be a great help as I finish my degree at Western."
“Each year it is our pleasure to present this award. We were impressed not only by Mr. Strater’s grades but he exemplifies WQPT’s mission of life-long-learning,” said WQPT General Manager, Rick Best.
Mr. Strater is completing several news internships this summer. They are at Peoria's WEEK-TV 25(NBC), WHOI-TV 19(ABC) and Chicago's WGN-TV 9(CW). After graduation, he hopes to be a full time television reporter at a station where he can also work in the technical realm. For the last two decades Mr. Strater worked as a broadcast engineer in television and radio. "Most broadcast students are starting a career. I want to embark on the second half of mine," Strater said.WQPT is a media service of Western Illinois University located in Moline, Illinois.
Tags See All Tags