- Buy Cheap Ashampoo Uninstaller 3
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Alias Design 2012 (64-bit)
- 29.95$ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard
- 49.95$ Altova DatabaseSpy 2009 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP2 (64 bit)
- Buy Cheap Adobe RoboHelp 8
- Buy OEM Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition
- 59.95$ Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Portuguese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard MAC
|WQPT LAUNCHES NEW TRAILERS|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Lora Adams|
|Friday, 30 August 2013 13:13|
MOLINE, IL -- If you want "real" reality television, look no further than WQPT and PBS.
CHI & Partners, a New York marketing and advertising agency, created a series of fake reality television trailers for public television, comparing absurd reality TV with the quality of public television programming. WQPT will air these trailers throughout October.
At the end of these trailers a plain and simple message is revealed, "The fact that you thought this was a real show says a lot about the state of TV." According to WQPT General Manager Mary Pruess, the trailers are intended to make people realize that although they might occasionally indulge in reality-style programming, it's also important to support a public broadcasting station, which doesn't have a giant marketing force behind it and relies on its members to keep running.
"We saw these spots and thought they were very funny. We asked WNET in New York if they would be willing to allow us to share them with our audience," Pruess added. "While the message is intended as tongue-in-cheek, we want people to stop and think about the value that our public television station delivers to our communities, at no cost. We hope these spots will start a vibrant conversation about quality television and remind viewers why they should support local public television."
The trailers can also be viewed at https://www.facebook.com/
WQPT is a media service of Western Illinois University located in Moline, Ill.
Tags See All Tags