- Buy OEM Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 (32-bit)
- 239.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2012 cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium MAC
- Discount - Adobe InCopy CS4
- Buy OEM Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC 2009
- 19.95$ Corel Home Office 5 (Personal & Business) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe InCopy CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- 19.95$ Macware Logo Design Studio Pro 1.5 MAC cheap oem
- Buy SmileOnMyMac textexpander 3 MAC (en,ja,de,it,fr)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
|WQPT PBS Kids Go Writers Contest|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Lora Adams|
|Thursday, 27 January 2011 14:22|
MOLINE, ILLINOIS – WQPT, Quad Cities PBS calls on all children in kindergarten through 3rd grade to enter the PBS Kids Go Writing Contest. Every entrant will receive a Certificate of Achievement. Stories must be the original work of the child. They may write fact or fiction, prose or poetry. All entries must be postmarked by Friday, April 8, 2011 and mailed or dropped off at WQPT, 3800 Avenue of the Cities, Suite 101, Moline, Illinois 61265 Sixteen winners (four selected from each grade) will receive local recognition on WQPT and win special prizes. Winning stories will be displayed at the Butterworth Center in Moline, Illinois, the Figge Art Museum in Davenport, Iowa and the Family Museum in Bettendorf, Iowa and on the WQPT website. Winners will be notified in late April and a reception will be held to honor the winning stories. “This is an excellent opportunity for kids to use their imaginations and creative skills and be recognized for their efforts,” said Ana Kehoe, Director of Education and Outreach. “Just by participating these kids will be proud of their storybook and so will their parents.”
Sponsors of the writing contest are also hosting workshops to help Kindergarten through 3rd grade students with their writing and illustrating skills. Participants are not required to enter the contest. Parents are also invited to learn how to assist children with writing and editing stories. These workshops are free and will be held at:
° Sat., Feb. 12, 10 am – 11:30 am: Eastern Avenue Library (Davenport) 563-326-7832
° Sat., Feb. 26, 10 am – 11 am: The Moline Library, 309-736-5742
Please contact the libraries to sign up for the workshop.
Additional workshops will be held at the Family Museum free with admission to the museum. The museum workshops are open to anyone to just drop in and are scheduled for March 3 and March 10, 3:30 pm-5:00 pm. 563-344-4170
To find out more about entering the contest log on to www.wqpt.org.
Funding and support for the project has been provided in part by the Butterworth Center & Deere-Wiman House, Figge Art Museum, Family Museum and Midwest Writing Center.
Please note that WQPT has moved their offices since the last contest. WQPT is a media service of Western Illinois University.
# # #
Tags See All Tags