- Buy Adobe Premiere Elements 9 (en,fr,de)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 (64-bit) (en)
- 149.95$ Adobe Captivate 5.5 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Digital Portrait Photography For Dummies
- 29.95$ DAZ Bryce 5.5 cheap oem
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Autocad Electrical 2014 MAC
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (64-bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- 99.95$ Vmware Workstation 10 cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Framemaker 10
- Buy OEM IMSI TurboFLOORPLAN Home and Landscape PRO 12
- 129.95$ Adobe Fireworks CS5 cheap oem
- Buy OEM I.R.I.S. Readiris 11 Pro MAC
|WQPT RECEIVES PROJECT GRANTS|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Lora Adams|
|Friday, 10 June 2011 13:16|
MOLINE, ILLINOIS – WQPT is happy to announce recent grants awarded to the station to help support equipment upgrades, membership acquisition and retention, and the station’s literacy initiatives.
The Scott Regional Authority granted WQPT $20,000 for broadcast equipment. "With existing equipment being beyond its life expectancy, and with new technology moving towards an all IT-based environment, the timing of this grant couldn't be better," according to WQPT's General Manager, Rick Best.
The Riverboat Development Authority presented a challenge grant to the station in the amount of $15,000 to bring new members to the station and to encourage existing members to increase their contribution. WQPT is currently in their June membership drive and any new member’s donation will be matched using this grant. "We're pleased that the RDA recognizes the importance of developing our member base," said Jamie Lange, WQPT's Chief Development Officer. "This grant will help us bring in new members that will support the station for years to come."
WQPT's First Book Club, which supplies books to low-literate and low-income families in the Quad Cities has received several grants. Among the grantors are: 3M Foundation - $500, Rock Island Arsenal Welcome Club - $100, Rock Island Rotary Club Literacy Fund - $500, Junior Board of Rock Island - $400 and Modern Woodmen of America - $1,500. “The First Book Club has been in existence for 15 years and we currently distribute about 5,000 books per year through selected schools,” said Ana Kehoe, Educational Outreach Director. “These grants will allow us to maintain our current level of service to the schools.” The station also provides hands-on workshops for students, teachers and parents to encourage students and families to be more involved in reading.
"All of these grants come at a crucial time for WQPT," according to Best. "Until space becomes available to move into a WIU facility, the station is incurring considerable additional costs for leased space and utilities. These grants help us maintain our programs during this time of transition."
WQPT is a media service of Western Illinois University in Moline, Illinois.
# # #
Tags See All Tags