- Buy Cheap TuneUp Utilities 2008
- Buy GRAHL PDF Annotator 2 (en)
- Download Microsoft Windows 8 (64 bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - Google Analytics Essential Training (en)
- Discount - Microsoft Excel 2013
- Download Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows
- Buy OEM Maxon BodyPaint 3D R3
- Discount - ModelRight Professional 3.0
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Maya 2012 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Maya 2013 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - HTML5 First Look
- Buy OEM Cakewalk Sonar 8 Producer Edition
|WQPT show focuses on IL Constitutional Convention vote.|
|News Releases - Politics & Elections|
|Written by Richard Martin|
|Wednesday, 29 October 2008 02:02|
This week on "Perspective" host Susan McPeters talks with Illinois State Representative Mike Boland about the upcoming Constitution Convention vote in Illinois. This edition of Perspective airs Sunday, November 2, at 10:00am on WQPT, a broadcast service of Black Hawk College located in Moline, Illinois.
MOLINE, ILLINOIS - On Election Day, Tuesday, November 4, voters in Illinois will decide whether the state should hold a Constitution Convention or Con-Con. The last Constitution Convention in Illinois was held in 1970, and among the changes made to the state constitution was the addition of a provision that voters be asked every 20 years if a Constitution Convention should be held. The last time voters addressed the issue was in 1988 when it was rejected by 75%.
What is a Constitution Convention? What are the pros and cons about voting for or voting against a Constitution Convention? who is in favor of holding a Constitution Convention and admits his side has an uphill battle with many more organizations against a Constitution Convention than for one.
Tags See All Tags