- Discount - Nero 7 Vision Xtra
- Buy OEM I.R.I.S. Readiris 11 Pro
- 99.95$ Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Server cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 Essential Training cheap oem
- Download Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual
- Discount - proDAD Mercalli 3 SAL (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3d 2010
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor LT 2010
- 99.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Standard cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Hebrew (Level 1, 2 Set) MAC
- Buy Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard R2 SP2 (64 bit) (en)
|WQPT TO HOLD AUDITIONS FOR TELEVISED “IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE: A RADIO PLAY”|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Lora Adams|
|Thursday, 20 September 2012 07:37|
MOLINE, ILLINOIS – WQPT and WVIK are teaming up to produce “It’s a Wonderful Life: a Radio Play” set in 1946. The radio play tells the classic story of George Bailey and his friend, Clarence who helps him through his darkest hour.
Auditions for the production will take place at the District Theatre in downtown Rock Island on September 22 and 23 from 3 pm to 5 pm. People auditioning will be asked to read from the script and 16 bars of music of their choice. “This piece has a 1940’s sensibility so I am looking for actors who can create that kind of feeling” said director and WQPT Marketing Director, Lora Adams.
The production will rehearse November 12, 13, 14 with a dress on the 15th and a 7:30 pm performance on November 16th and two performances (2:00 and 7:30 pm) on Saturday the 17th. Performances will take place in Potter Hall on the campus of Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois. The performances will be taped and air on WQPT and WVIK during the month of December as a holiday special.
“The author Joe Landry and Kevin Connors, who created the music, granted us the rights to air it on television and radio once during the holiday season,” said Adams. The production is done as a radio play so the actors will need to be familiar with the script but are not required to memorize it.
Proceeds from the production will be used to support local programming for both WQPT and WVIK who are producing the show along with Augustana College.
WQPT is a media service of Western Illinois University located in Moline, Illinois.
Tags See All Tags