- Buy Autodesk Maya 2014 (64-bit) (en,ja)
- Buy Cheap Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery 6
- 19.95$ Omni Group OmniFocus MAC cheap oem
- Download ABest Video to RM RMVB WMV Converter
- Buy GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 13 MAC (en)
- Discount - ABest Video to WMV SWF FLV Converter
- 99.95$ Navicat Premium 9 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (64 bit) (en)
- 29.95$ Corel VideoStudio Pro X6 cheap oem
- Download Dreamweaver CS6: The Missing Manual
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop Retouching Techniques: Beauty Portraits (Feb. 2013)
- 19.95$ BusyMac BusyCal MAC cheap oem
|WWII Veterans Needed for RIHS Student Project.|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Holly Sparkman|
|Thursday, 06 November 2008 05:54|
Time is running out. Once 16 million strong, U.S. veterans of World War II are dying at a rate of more than 1,000 a day and now number about 2.5 million, the Department of Veterans Affairs estimates. With fewer and fewer WWII veterans alive, who will help the next generation remember?
In answer to that question, three students from Rock Island High School History teacher Rick Miers’ class are partaking in a project organized by the Illinois WWII Veterans’ Memorial Project. Over the summer, D.J. Anderson, Travis Scudder and Grant Snyder received training in Springfield at the Illinois State Library for their undertaking. They are to interview and document WWII veteran stories for inclusion in the statewide project and also submitted to the Library of Congress Veterans History Project http://www.loc.gov/vets.
The team is also looking for more WWII experiences to capture. If you are a WWII Veteran or if you have memories of what was happening on the home front during WWII and would like to be interviewed, please contact Rick Miers at Rock Island High School, 309-793-5900 x1138.
Tags See All Tags