- Discount - Adobe Framemaker 9
- Download Cheetah 3D 5 MAC
- 59.95$ Abbyy FineReader 9.0 Professional cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - HTML5: Background Processes with Web Workers cheap oem
- Buy Cheap ForkLift 2.5 MAC
- 39.95$ Adobe Premiere Elements 8 cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Prelude CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Muse Essential Training (en)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Revit Structure 2014 cheap oem
- 29.95$ Mariner Montage MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC 2009
- Download Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery v3 MAC
|WWII Veterans Needed for RIHS Student Project.|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Holly Sparkman|
|Thursday, 06 November 2008 05:54|
Time is running out. Once 16 million strong, U.S. veterans of World War II are dying at a rate of more than 1,000 a day and now number about 2.5 million, the Department of Veterans Affairs estimates. With fewer and fewer WWII veterans alive, who will help the next generation remember?
In answer to that question, three students from Rock Island High School History teacher Rick Miers’ class are partaking in a project organized by the Illinois WWII Veterans’ Memorial Project. Over the summer, D.J. Anderson, Travis Scudder and Grant Snyder received training in Springfield at the Illinois State Library for their undertaking. They are to interview and document WWII veteran stories for inclusion in the statewide project and also submitted to the Library of Congress Veterans History Project http://www.loc.gov/vets.
The team is also looking for more WWII experiences to capture. If you are a WWII Veteran or if you have memories of what was happening on the home front during WWII and would like to be interviewed, please contact Rick Miers at Rock Island High School, 309-793-5900 x1138.
Tags See All Tags