- Buy OEM Adobe Contribute CS4
- Buy OEM Red Giant Keying Suite 11 (64-bit)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2015 (64-bit)
- Buy Corel Home Office 5 (Personal & Business) (en,nl,fr,de,it,ja,ko,pt,ru,es,sv)
- Download Ashampoo Powerup 3
- Buy OEM Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Premium
- Buy Alibre Design Expert 2012 (64-bit) (en,zh,cs,fr,de,hu,ja,ko,pl,pt,es,sv)
- Buy Cheap ABest Video Converter Spirit
- Buy OEM Parallels Desktop 9 MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Photo Restoration with Photoshop (en)
- Download Palm Pre: The Missing Manual
- Download Lynda.com - Ruby Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Frischluft Fresh Curves for AE and PrPro
|YMCA HONORS AREA VETERANS|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Kathy Horrell|
|Tuesday, 19 May 2009 07:58|
West Family YMCA Invites Community to Military Appreciation Day
Davenport, Iowa – May 18, 2009 – Area veterans, military personal and their families are invited to attend a special flagpole dedication and Military Appreciation Day cookout on Wednesday, May 27, at the West Family YMCA.
The YMCA recently installed a 40 foot flagpole and will dedicate it to area service men and when and their families. A special American flag that has been flown over the U.S. Capital will be presented to the YMCA and will be raised during the dedication. Following this ceremony, community members are invited to attend a celebration cookout and are encouraged to take part in special military appreciation activities at the West Y.
The flagpole, flag, lighting and landscape have been made possible through generous contributions from the following community partners; Humana MarketPoint, Runge Mortuary & Crematory, Weerts Funeral Home, Wal-mart, Hy-Vee Food Stores, Rick Hollingsworth and Darrel Doss, Davenport West High School and YMCA members Doug Scovil and Larry Axtell.
YMCA Military Appreciation Day begins with an 11am cookout followed by the flagpole dedication at 12:15pm. Special military memberships are available for those who have loved-ones currently serving our country. The West Family YMCA is located at 3503 West Locust Street, Davenport. For more information about YMCA Military Appreciation Day call (563) 386-4414.
The YMCA: A Long-Standing Commitment to Health of Spirit, Mind and Body
The Scott County Family Y is one of the area’s largest community service organizations. Serving more than 2-million people in 2008, the Scott County Family Y offers a variety of programs and services focused on the holistic development of children and youth, family strengthening and health and well-being for all. The YMCA unites men, women and children of all ages, faiths, backgrounds, abilities and income levels - proudly serving the Quad Cities for nearly 150 years by building healthy spirit, mind and body for all. For more information visit the Scott County Family Y website, www.scottcountyfamilyy.org.
Tags See All Tags