- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Advanced Revit Structure 2014 Training
- 19.95$ BeLight Software Art Text 2 MAC cheap oem
- Download Excel 2007 Data Analysis For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition MAC (32-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk Maya Entertainment Creation Suite Premium 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap ABBYY FineReader 10 Professional Edition
- Discount - Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012
- Discount - Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Europe
- Discount - Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Element 3D Essential Training
- Buy Adobe Audition CS6 MAC (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pl,pt,sv,tr,cs,ja,ko)
- 9.95$ Ashampoo Core Tuner cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe CC Master Collection MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Discount - Corel Home Office 5 (Personal & Business)
|Young Artists at the Figge and FREE Family Day Saturday|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Natalie Dunlop|
|Wednesday, 09 January 2013 09:42|
Davenport, Iowa (January 9, 2013) – Each year the Figge Art Museum presents seven district exhibitions of elementary artwork in the Mary Waterman Gildehaus Community Gallery for the Young Artists at the Figge exhibition. Through this museum-school partnership, more than 500 area students have the opportunity to display their artwork at the Figge.
Each school district will have their artwork featured for two weeks. Muscatine Community School District will be kicking off the exhibition starting on Saturday followed by Moline School District No. 40 on January 26, North Scott Community School District on February 16, Bettendorf Community School District on March 9, Davenport Community School District on March 30, Geneseo Community Unit School District 228 on April 20 and ending with Pleasant Valley Community School District on May 11.
These annual exhibits are important because the museum is able to recognize quality visual arts programs in the schools. In addition, there are recognition ceremonies for each school that introduce young artists and their families to the Figge. In the past, nearly 2,000 people attended these events; many were first-time museum visitors.
The Figge will also have it’s FREE Family Day, sponsored by John Deere, from 11 am-2 pm Saturday. A variety of family-friendly activities are on the agenda including story time from 12-12:30 pm and 1-1:30 pm, caricatures with Bill Douglas, collage portraits with paper shapes, make a sweet self-portrait out of a sugar cookie, dress up for photo ops, drawing and more!
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9 p.m. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit our website, www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags