- 69.95$ Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter (64 bit)
- Buy Cheap iSkysoft iMedia Converter 2 Mac
- Discount - IMSI TurboFLOORPLAN Home and Landscape PRO 12
- Buy 4Videosoft Video Converter Platinum 3 (en)
- Download Black and White in Photoshop CS4 and Photoshop Lightroom
- Buy Cheap Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Buy OEM Autodesk Inventor LT 2012 (32-bit)
- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio Test Professional 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Black and White in Photoshop CS4 and Photoshop Lightroom
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Professional with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
|Youth Gain a Dash of Culinary Knowledge at the 2011 4-H Youth Conference|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Joy Venhorst|
|Monday, 18 July 2011 12:58|
AMES, Iowa – Students who attended the Iowa 4-H Youth Conference June 28-30 learned the basics of food preparation at the Cook This! workshop with hands-on activities and a dash of fun.
“This was a great experience for the youth to learn basic culinary knowledge,” said workshop co-director Lisa Schmidt, a junior in culinary science at Iowa State University. “It was great to see them interact with food, which will hopefully push them to do more cooking and baking on their own.”
The workshop lasted an hour and a half each day, and students learned the basics of knife safety, how to properly cut fruits and vegetables, how to make bread and how to properly cook meat. The north Ames Fareway donated groceries to the workshop. Three commodity groups shared information with the students on beef, pork and eggs.
Schmidt and workshop co-director AnnaBear Vance held a bread design competition and a food jeopardy game during the workshop. The winners won candy and Iowa 4-H cookbooks. The events offered youths a preview of the Cook This! competition to be held at the 2011 Iowa State Fair.
“I enjoyed watching the kids learn and grow more comfortable with both the kitchen equipment and each other over the course of the workshop,” said Vance, a junior in culinary science.
The youth conference included a wide array of workshops for the students, which are geared toward educating them about career choices, exposing them to the opportunities Iowa State University has to offer and expanding their interests.
“This is a chance for people to explore some things they have never done before and to discover new opportunities,” said Brenda Allen, a 4-H youth development specialist with Iowa State University Extension.
Tags See All Tags