- 149.95$ Adobe Presenter 7 cheap oem
- Buy OEM ACDSee Pro 2
- Buy Cheap VMware Fusion 5 MAC
- Discount - Microsoft Office 2007 Standard
- 9.95$ ABest Video to AVI MOV Converter cheap oem
- 149.95$ Maxon BodyPaint 3D R3 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Photoshop CS4 For Dummies
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Eyeon Fusion 6 (64 bit)
- Discount - Ashampoo Core Tuner
- Buy OEM Algolab Photo Vector 1.98
|Enter the Reader’s 2012 Short-Fiction Contest! Deadline September 7!|
|News/Features - Literature|
|Written by Administrator|
|Thursday, 26 July 2012 12:22|
We recently freed our short-fiction-contest troll from his five-year captivity in the River Cities’ Reader dungeon, and based on the rules he devised for the 2012 competition, he’s grumpy. (Some might note that Jeff is always grumpy, but never mind.)
Let’s start with the easy rules.
A) Entries, including titles, must be 250 words or fewer. The Reader short-fiction-contest troll will make the final judgment on word count, so we recommend being careful or leaving some breathing room.
B) Entries must be typed.
C) Entries must include the author’s name, mailing address, and daytime phone number.
D) Entries must be previously unpublished. (As you’ll see, that shouldn’t be an issue, but you never know ... .)
Okay, now for the hard part.
F) All entries must include one option from each of the first three categories. The fourth category (“In the style of ... ”) is optional. (Please note which options you’re using, just in case the troll is hung over and having difficulty concentrating.)
2) Point-of-view character
4) In the style of ... (optional)
So, for example, you might write a (1) ghost story with (2) the point-of-view character of a child in which (3) the primary conflict/action is a reunion. Or you might write a (1) noir with (2) the point-of-view character of a nun in which (3) the primary conflict/action is obsolescence (4) in the style of Dr. Seuss. Your choice.
We’ll publish a collection of our favorite entries in our September 27 issue.
Tags See All Tags