- 149.95$ MakeMusic Finale 2012 MAC cheap oem
- Download Aiseesoft Video Converter 3 MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Foundations of Typography
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Python Programming
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Selections in Depth (en)
- Discount - Lavalys Everest Ultimate 4.5
- Buy NewTek LightWave 3D 9 (en)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2009 (64-bit)
- 19.95$ ABest MPEG VCD DVD Video Converter cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Showcase 2009
- Buy OEM Excel 2010 For Dummies Quick Reference
- Buy Cheap Adobe InCopy CS6 MAC
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
|53rd and Eastern Search Process Nears Its End|
|News/Features - Feature Stories|
|Tuesday, 05 February 2002 18:00|
While the process has not been as public as those to develop a concept for the River Music Center and to choose a firm for the skybridge, the city’s effort to develop new plans for its property at 53rd Street and Eastern Avenue is moving forward.
Clayton Lloyd, Davenport’s director of community & economic development, said he expects to have a recommendation on a consultant in time for a city-council vote on February 20. An informal 12-member search committee will hold public interviews of three finalist land-use-planning firms on Thursday, February 7, beginning at 12:30 p.m. in city-council chambers. (The committee includes city staff and a variety of people with an interest in the project, including smart-growth advocates and developers.)
Lloyd said the process for coming up with a recommendation for the city council “is not clearly defined,” but the main criterion will be a firm’s demonstrated experience and success in a community process that will generate either broad support or consensus.
The goal is to use an approach that will avoid the division created by previous processes and plans for the 53rd and Eastern project. A lawsuit stopped one plan, while an ad-hoc task force was unable to come to a consensus on a new plan.
Once a firm is chosen, Lloyd said, the firm will probably take between six and nine months to develop a new plan for the city-owned land. It is during that time that the public will be more engaged in the process, he said.
The proposals of the three finalist firms can be found online at (http://www.cityofdavenportiowa.com/ced/rfp.htm).
Tags See All Tags