- Download Autodesk Revit Structure 2011
- Discount - Lynda.com - Trapcode Particular Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Macpaw CleanMyMac 2
- 359.95$ Solidworks 2012 Premium (64-bit) cheap oem
- Download Slysoft AnyDVD 6
- Download SnagIt 2.2 MAC
- 99.95$ Adobe FreeHand MX MAC (32-bit) cheap oem
- 39.95$ CodeGear Delphi For PHP 1.0 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap IMSI TurboCAD Pro 15
- Discount - Frischluft Lenscare for AE and PrPro
- Download Lynda.com - Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Training
- 79.95$ Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Imagineer Systems mocha Pro v3.1
|Augustana Opens African-Art Exhibit|
|News/Features - Arts News|
|Tuesday, 27 November 2001 18:00|
The new exhibit Objects of the Spirit: African Art from the Collection of Janice Simon opens November 30 at the Augustana College Art Gallery & Museum. Some of the pieces date from the 18th Century, but most come from the 20th Century, including masks, figures, beadwork, rugs, shields, and jewelry.
Many of these objects served functions in African ritual, but they’re valued as “art” by historians and experts around the world. (Picasso particularly admired sculptural elements in objects such as these.) The pieces from this private collection have been gathered from dealers over the past decade. In conjunction with the exhibit, African-art scholar Christopher Roy will present a public lecture on Thursday, December 6, at 7:30 p.m. The exhibit runs through January 12, but the art gallery will be closed for the holidays from December 20 through January 7.
Cellist Carr Returns with Symphony
This weekend’s Quad City Symphony Orchestra (QCSO) concerts will feature guest soloist Colin Carr, an English cellist. Carr has performed numerous times in the Quad Cities in recent years, including in Chamber Music Quad Cities’ annual summer festival. The program, led by QCSO Music Director and Conductor Donald Schleicher, will include works by Mozart, Dvorak, and Vaughan Williams. Saturday’s concert will be held at 8 p.m. in the Adler Theatre, and Sunday’s 2 p.m. show will be in Augustana College’s Centennial Hall.
John Deere Planetarium Offers “Season of Light”
The multimedia planetarium show “Season of Light” will be shown 15 times during December at Augustana College’s John Deere Planetarium, at 820 28th Street in Rock Island. The program shows how holiday traditions are derived from the sky. The program will be offered weeknights at 7 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays at 2 p.m. from December 6 through 20. Reservations are requested and can be made by calling (309)794-7327.
Tags See All Tags