- Buy Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (32-bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- 69.95$ Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Sage ACT Premium 2011 (32 bit)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (64-bit)
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Portuguese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Download PowerPoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter (64 bit)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Captivate 5
- Buy Avanquest SystemSuite Professional 8 (en)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Project Standard 2013
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2012
- Buy CodeGear Delphi For PHP 1.0 (en)
|Cultural Organizations Invited to Marketing Discussion|
|News/Features - City Shorts|
|Written by Joe Collins|
|Tuesday, 18 August 2009 05:42|
Davenport resident Gary Sloat is a prizewinner in the 2009 Backyard Genius Awards in Popular Mechanics magazine. He built his own hydrofoil, which he originally saw on the cover of Popular Mechanics nearly 40 years ago. Sloat's "Dragonfly" is an eight-foot-long foam and plywood boat with pine foils that hold riders two feet off the water. The pine foils are joined with biscuits and reinforced with epoxy and fiberglass cloth. Sloat re-invented and improved the original model to be more controllable, with a 9.5-horsepower motor.
The Jewish Federation of the Quad Cities and the Moline Public Library are presenting a lecture by Daphna Poremba, as she discusses "The Rich & Poor of the Middle East" on Wednesday, September 2, at 7 p.m. at the Moline Public Library. Poremba is a visiting professor from Sapir College in Israel who is currently an instructor at St. Ambrose University. To register, call (309)736-5737.
"Hug-a-Book," the Rock Island Library's annual reading program and book giveaway for two- to five-year-olds, has moved to Thursday, August 27, with programs at 10:30 a.m,. and 6 p.m. This year's program features songs by Paul Cioe. Each child receives a free book. To sign up, call the Children's Room at (309)732-7360.
An "Indian Summer Day" of games, food, raffles, and fun will be held on Sunday, August 23, from noon to 5 p.m at Fejervary Park, 1800 West 12th Street in Davenport. The fundraising event is sponsored by the Native American Coalition of the Quad Cities. A drum circle will be held at 3 p.m., and the public is invited to join. Activities for children include Native American cultural crafts, the bean-bag toss, and face-painting. Adult entertainment includes bingo, the potato dance, and a cake walk.
"Marketing Your Business During the Recession" will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 7, at the Fairmount Street Library, 3000 North Fairmount Street in Davenport. The event is co-sponsored by the Davenport Public Library and the Quad-Cities Advertising Federation, and admission is free.
Tags See All Tags