|Enter the River Cities’ Reader 2007 Short Fiction Contest|
|News/Features - Literature|
|Wednesday, 28 March 2007 02:27|
They're the Starting Points for the River Cities' Reader 2007 Short Fiction Contest.
1) Entries, including titles,must be 200 words or less. Efforts to circumvent the word limit will result in disqualification, and the Reader will make the final judgment on word count. If you're not sure, leave some breathing room.
2) Entries must be typed.
3) Entries must include the author's name, address, and daytime phone number.
4) Entries must be previously unpublished.
5) Entries must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 18.
6) Entries must respond to at least one of the following prompts:
A) Write a story without using the letters R, S, T, L, N, and E.
B) Write a story that includes a fortune cookie.
Write a story inspired by the photograph on this page.
You're welcome to submit as many stories as you like, but we will publish a maximum of one story per author.
Winners and notable entries will be published in the River Cities' Reader on Wednesday, May 30.
Send entries to the River Cities' Reader:
532 West Third Street
Davenport, Iowa 52801
Tags See All Tags