- Download Solidworks 2012 Premium (64-bit)
- Discount - Maxon Cinema 4D R11 Studio Bundle MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Autocad Electrical 2009
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCad Architecture 2012 (32-bit)
- 99.95$ Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate with SP2 (32bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop MAC
- 9.95$ Ashampoo Firewall Pro cheap oem
- Buy Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Lion Edition (en)
- 19.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Sketchup cheap oem
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Advanced HTML5 Training MAC cheap oem
- 29.95$ Alsoft DiskWarrior 4 MAC cheap oem
- Download 4Media DVD to MP4 Converter 5
- 39.95$ 3D Home Architect Design Suite Deluxe 8 cheap oem
- Buy GFI MailArchiver 6.0 (en)
|Groups Unveil New Gift Ideas|
|News/Features - Arts News|
|Tuesday, 20 November 2001 18:00|
Just in time for the holidays, a variety of arts and not-for-profit groups have released new stocking-stuffers. KUNI public radio has just put out its fourth murder novel, Orchestrated Murder: An Iowa Mystery.
This music-themed tome was written in a “serial” style, in which a different author writes each chapter, building on the work of previous scribes. The story concerns a serial killer of Iowa symphony conductors, but it’s important to remember that this is fiction; Don Schleicher, conductor and musical director of the Quad City Symphony Orchestra, contributed chapter 15 and lived to tell about it. Bettendorf’s Mike Romkey wrote the third chapter. For more information, visit (http://www.kuniradio.org).
Iowa City’s Englert Theatre will release the benefit CD M.U.S.E. (Musicians United to Save the Englert) on December 15. The 15-track album features previously unreleased tracks from Greg Brown, Dave Zollo, and Big Wooden Radio, among others. In conjunction with the release, the Englert will host a CD-release party at 8 p.m. on December 15 at 3rd Street Live! in Cedar Rapids, with live music from Brown, the Kelly Pardekooper Band, and the Mayflies of Johnson County. The record will be available at various locations in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City.
And lastly, Riverside Theatre in Iowa City has debuted on CD Small Miracles, featuring holiday memories from Ron Clark. The CD is culled from Clark’s popular holiday performances of the past three years. For more information about the CD, call the Riverside Theatre box office at (319)338-7672. (And Speaking of Riverside, the theatre is featured in the November issue of American Theatre magazine, in an article recalling the organization’s production of Gunplay, a play commissioned following 1991 shootings on the University of Iowa campus.)
New Record Label Opens Its Doors in Moline
Wes Weeber and Dawn Reisenbigler have created the new Humbug Records imprint, hoping “to develop artists for the long term and in turn create a dynamic community of musicians to enhance the existing talent within the Quad Cities,” according to a press release announcing the new label. Submissions are currently being accepted at: Humbug Records; P.O. Box 1026; Moline, Illinois 61265.
Your Chance to See Iceland’s Favorite Swan
Tags See All Tags