- 19.95$ Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 5.1 cheap oem
- 99.95$ Sony ACID Pro 6 cheap oem
- Download Corel Painter X MAC
- 79.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Filipino (Level 1, 2 Set) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 (32-bit)
- Download Microsoft Office Word 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Ableton Live 7 MAC (en)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Maxon Cinema 4D R14 cheap oem
- 299.95$ Solidworks 2009 Premium SP4 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Download Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3
- 39.95$ BeLight Software Live Interior 3D Pro Edition MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - CSS Formatting Visual Data
- Discount - 4Media DVD to MP4 Converter 5
|Groups Unveil New Gift Ideas|
|News/Features - Arts News|
|Tuesday, 20 November 2001 18:00|
Just in time for the holidays, a variety of arts and not-for-profit groups have released new stocking-stuffers. KUNI public radio has just put out its fourth murder novel, Orchestrated Murder: An Iowa Mystery.
This music-themed tome was written in a “serial” style, in which a different author writes each chapter, building on the work of previous scribes. The story concerns a serial killer of Iowa symphony conductors, but it’s important to remember that this is fiction; Don Schleicher, conductor and musical director of the Quad City Symphony Orchestra, contributed chapter 15 and lived to tell about it. Bettendorf’s Mike Romkey wrote the third chapter. For more information, visit (http://www.kuniradio.org).
Iowa City’s Englert Theatre will release the benefit CD M.U.S.E. (Musicians United to Save the Englert) on December 15. The 15-track album features previously unreleased tracks from Greg Brown, Dave Zollo, and Big Wooden Radio, among others. In conjunction with the release, the Englert will host a CD-release party at 8 p.m. on December 15 at 3rd Street Live! in Cedar Rapids, with live music from Brown, the Kelly Pardekooper Band, and the Mayflies of Johnson County. The record will be available at various locations in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City.
And lastly, Riverside Theatre in Iowa City has debuted on CD Small Miracles, featuring holiday memories from Ron Clark. The CD is culled from Clark’s popular holiday performances of the past three years. For more information about the CD, call the Riverside Theatre box office at (319)338-7672. (And Speaking of Riverside, the theatre is featured in the November issue of American Theatre magazine, in an article recalling the organization’s production of Gunplay, a play commissioned following 1991 shootings on the University of Iowa campus.)
New Record Label Opens Its Doors in Moline
Wes Weeber and Dawn Reisenbigler have created the new Humbug Records imprint, hoping “to develop artists for the long term and in turn create a dynamic community of musicians to enhance the existing talent within the Quad Cities,” according to a press release announcing the new label. Submissions are currently being accepted at: Humbug Records; P.O. Box 1026; Moline, Illinois 61265.
Your Chance to See Iceland’s Favorite Swan
Tags See All Tags