- Discount - Lynda.com - Illustrator CS6 Essential Training
- 9.95$ Photoshop CS3 for Screen Printers cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: Camera Raw 6 (en)
- Discount - Adobe Flash CS4 Professional
- Buy OEM Windows 7 For Dummies Quick Reference
- Download The Adobe Photoshop CS6 Book for Digital Photographers
- Buy OEM iPhone App Development: The Missing Manual
- 9.95$ Panic Unison 2 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Synthetic Aperture Color Finesse 3
- Buy OEM Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2012
- Discount - VMware Fusion 3 MAC
- Discount - Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009
- Buy OEM Autodesk Mudbox 2011 (64-bit)
|Help Available for People Recently Laid Off|
|News/Features - City Shorts|
|Written by Joe Collins|
|Tuesday, 21 April 2009 06:34|
People who have been recently laid off are able to apply for monetary help from The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army's Central Territorial Headquarters in Chicago is distributing $3.6 million to Salvation Army units in 11 states with the stipulation that each location match half of the requested amount with community donations. Funds were awarded to areas of greatest need. In Illinois, call (309)764-6996 during business hours to make an appointment to apply for assistance; in Iowa, call (563)391-5325.
Over the course of four weekends St. Ambrose University accounting majors provided free income-tax preparation to low-income Quad Citians through the Voluntary Income Tax Assistance Program. Students logged more than 275 hours and assisted nearly 150 families. The Voluntary Income Tax Assistance Program provides free tax-preparation assistance to qualified low-income, elderly, disabled, and limited-English-speaking families and individuals.
The Machine Shed in Davenport will host a kids' cooking class at the restaurant on Wednesday, April 22, at 6 p.m. Chef Bryan Tyler will lead the class, in which the parents/guardians and children will make kid-friendly recipes. Kids get to measure and mix ingredients, use kitchen gadgets, follow recipes, and learn etiquette, safety, and nutrition. The cooking class is free, but each child must be accompanied by an adult. This class will be offered the last Wednesday of each month. For more information or to sign up, call (563)391-2427.
Volunteers for Symphony has announced its second-annual Derby Day -- an evening of fun, food, and horse racing benefiting youth music education in the Quad Cities -- on Saturday, May 2, at 4 p.m. Derby Day is held the Rock Island Arsenal Golf Club and includes horse races, authentic Derby cuisine, a Kentucky Bourbon tasting, a live auction, raffles, and live music. All attending will take home a commemorative mint julep glass created for this year's event. Derby attire is optional, and the afternoon's festivities include a hat contest. Derby Day tickets cost $75, and reservations can be made by calling (563)322-7276 or visiting QCSymphony.com.
Tags See All Tags