- Discount - FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced MAC
- Buy Cheap Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate
- Discount - Apple Aperture 3 MAC
- 89.95$ Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Student and Teacher Edition MAC cheap oem
- Discount - ABBYY FineReader 8 Express Edition MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop LightRoom 3 (32-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk Impression 3
- Buy OEM Solidworks 2013 Premium (64-bit)
- Discount - AutoDesSys Bonzai 3D MAC
- 319.95$ Autodesk AutoCad Civil 3D 2012 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Contribute CS4 MAC
- Discount - One Periodic Hand Off! 2
- Buy OEM Nuance PDF Converter Professional 6
|Open Cities Announces 2004-5 Film Schedule|
|News/Features - Arts News|
|Written by No Author|
|Tuesday, 24 August 2004 18:00|
• The Open Cities Film Society has announced its schedule for the upcoming year. The season starts on September 10 with George Seaton’s 1948 movie Apartment for Peggy and continues with Daniel Mann’s Come Back Little Sheba (September 17), Eddie Sutherland’s Every Day’s a Holiday (September 24), Richard Lester’s A Hard Day’s Night (October 1), and John Ford’s Darling Clementine (October 8).
The series runs weekly through mid-April, and movies are shown at 8 p.m. Fridays at the Nighswander Junior Theatre, 2822 Eastern Avenue in Davenport.
• Ghostlight Theatre has announced a gala reception following a performance of the opening play of its 10th anniversary season. After the September 10 performance of Steve Martin’s The Underpants will be a reception honoring Ghostlight founders Dino Hayz, Jeff Ashcraft, and Jason Gabriel, as well as benefactor Dr. Walter E. Neiswanger. The theatre company is hoping to gather for the event as many as possible of the 206 actors, directors, stagehands, and board members who’ve been involved with Ghostlight over the years. The reception is for invited guests and season subscribers only. The Underpants will run September 9 through 19 at the Holzworth Performing Arts Center at North High School in Davenport. Shows are at 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and 2:30 p.m. Sundays For more information, visit (http://www.ghotlighttheatre.org).
• The local industrial/performance-artist/shock-rock band The Human Aftertaste has released its second album, White Man’s Voodoo, on the Octopoid label. The 12-song album includes a multimedia section with lyrics, photos, video, and more. For information about buying the CD or about the band, visit (http://www.humanaftertaste.com).
• The Village of East Davenport and the Mississippi Valley Blues Society will be hosting a pub crawl on Thursday, September 30, at six bars: 11th Street Bar & Grill, Grumpy’s Salloon, McClellan Stockade, Little B’s, Bier Stube, and Mound Street Landing. Admission buttons will be $4 in advance and $5 at the door.
• Augustana College’s fall musical will be Stephen Schwartz’s Children of Eden. The production will run from October 29 through November 7, with shows at 7:30pm Wednesday, Thursday, Fridays, and Saturdays, and 1:30 pm. Sundays. Adult tickets are $14.
• After the Riverfront Pops kickoff to its season, the Quad City Symphony Orchestra will present the world premiere of Stephen Taylor’s Into the Flame at its October concerts. The orchestra commissioned the work to complement Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony, which will also be played at the performances October 2 and 3. Riverfront Pops will be held Saturday, September 11, at LeClaire Park in Davenport. For more information, visit (http://www.qcsymphony.com).
Tags See All Tags