|Putnam to Debut Two IMAX Movies in Coming Weeks|
|News/Features - Arts News|
|Tuesday, 18 March 2003 18:00|
• In a move contrary to its past practices, the Putnam Museum & IMAX Theatre in Davenport will bring two new movies to the area in the span of just a few weeks. T-Rex: Back to Cretaceous opens March 21 (with a companion exhibit), followed by Ghosts of the Abyss (directed by James Cameron and focusing on the wreckage of the Titanic) on April 11.
Both movies are in 3D and run into July. The Putnam is also hosting the fundraiser “Date with a Dinosaur” on Thursday, March 20, to commemorate the first anniversary of the IMAX theatre. For more information, visit (http://www.putnam.org).
• Charlie King and Karen Brandow will perform humorous topical songs next week in a benefit performance for the Community Mediation Center of Family Resources, Incorporated. The performance will be held March 28 at 7:30 p.m. at Davenport’s Unitarian Church, 3707 Eastern Avenue. Tickets are $15 and can be obtained by calling (563)445-0557.
• A variety of local bands will be performing at a fundraiser this weekend for Ashley Pruett, the victim of a February 1 hit-and-run accident who’s required multiple surgeries. Chunkster, Officer 27, Mommy’s Little Monster, Lovedogs, Desert Heart, and Al the Toe Naches All Star Funky Blues Band are all on the bill. The show is scheduled for 1 to 9 p.m. on Sunday, March 23, at the Colona American Legion, 312 Broadway Street.
• MidCoast Fine Arts, Nova 6 Cinemas, and the Quad Cities Brew & View are teaming up to organize the four-day film, art, music, and fashion event called The Big Muddy Film & Arts Festival. The event is scheduled for June 18 through 22. Look for details in upcoming issues of the Reader.
• The April 2 concert by Afro-pop star Yousouu N’Dour at Hancher Auditorium in Iowa City has been cancelled.
Tags See All Tags