- Buy Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) (cs,da,de,en,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pt,ru,sv,tr,ar,el,pl,sk,sl,uk)
- Buy Lynda.com - Create Your First Online Store with Drupal Commerce (en)
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition
- Buy Adobe InDesign CC (Full LifeTime License) (en,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,nb,pt,sv,tr,hu,pl,fi,cs,ru,uk,ja,ko,zh)
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Layers in Depth (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Autocad Electrical 2014
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium
- Download dtSearch Desktop 7
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layers cheap oem
- Buy Cheap I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Corporate MAC
- Buy Autodesk Maya 2011 (32-bit) (en,ja)
- Download Lynda.com - Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processing
|The Wailers Come to QC Live|
|News/Features - Arts News|
|Written by No Author|
|Tuesday, 12 April 2005 18:00|
• Reggae legends are visiting the Quad Cities. Bob Marley’s backing band, The Wailers, will be performing on Friday, April 15, at Quad City Live. Since Marley’s death in 1981, the band has been touring regularly and issuing sporadic recordings.
The show starts at 9 p.m., and tickets for the concert are $18 for general admission and are available through Ticketmaster or by contacting Quad City Live at (563)322-3241. Latino rock band deSoL, which recently opened for R.E.M. in Mexico City and headlined a Miami Dolphins halftime show, will open. The group was described by the New York Times as “part of the march of Latin music into the mainstream.”
• Davenport native Susan Glaspell – journalist, novelist, and 1931 Pulitzer Prize-winner – will be the subject of a mini-symposium at Davenport’s St. Ambrose University on Monday, April 18. Glaspell was the author of more than 40 short stories and 10 novels, and is widely considered to be one of Iowa’s greatest writers. Among the day’s events will be a display of Susan Glaspell’s books and playbills, readings from her works, and a screening of the new film Trifles, based on Glaspell’s play. For more information, contact Dr. Nancy Hayes at (563)333-6138.
• The University of Iowa’s Hip-Hop Week will culminate with both visual art and music on Thursday, April 14. Graffiti artist Statik will begin the day at 8 a.m. by spraying a mural in Hubbard Park, and will be at the Penn State room at 4:00 p.m. to show and discuss slides of his work. UI’s hip-hop week concludes with an 8 p.m. concert in the Second Floor Ballroom of the Iowa Memorial Ballroom, featuring Slick Rick and Rahzel the Human Beatbox. Tickets for the concert are $15 for students and $18 for the general public, and are available through the Iowa Memorial Union (http://www.uiowa.edu/scope) and all Ticketmaster outlets.
• If you’re looking for something a little different, check out the all-ages show at the Moline Community Center on Wednesday, April 13. The Dead Kenny G’s headline. Local band Secher Nbiw opens, and the fun starts at 7 p.m. The three-piece Dead Kenny G’s boast two veterans of Les Claypool’s Fearless Flying Frog Brigade – Skerik (sax) and Mike Dillon (percussion) – and also features Brian Haas (of the Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey) on piano and keyboards. The band’s name and pedigree should tell you plenty about what to expect. For more information about the group, visit (http://www.thedeadkennygs.com).
Tags See All Tags