- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010 (32 bit) (en)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Outlook 2013 Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2012 (32-bit) (en)
- 9.95$ Photoshop CS3 for Screen Printers cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - AutoCAD 2013 Essentials: 02 Drawing Fundamentals
- Buy Lynda.com - Fireworks CS4 Essential Training (en)
- 9.95$ Photoshop CS5 For Dummies cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Office Publisher 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Download Innovative Solutions Advanced Uninstaller Pro 9.5
- Download FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced MAC
- Discount - Adobe Font Folio 11
|Enter the Reader’s Winter 2011-12 Photo Contest! February 6 Deadline|
|News/Features - Feature Stories|
|Written by Administrator|
|Thursday, 29 December 2011 08:18|
Back in the fall of 2008, we opened our photo contest to pictures of babies and pets. We had previously held themed contests but in a rare generous mood offered a reprieve, with the threat that our next one would feature the categories “ethos,” “riboflavin,” and “Kierkegaard.”
Lucky for you, the powers that be have memories like sieves; when we brainstormed ideas for the resurrected photo contest, those were strangely omitted.
Instead, our three categories for the winter 2011-12 contest are “attraction,” “resistance,” and “ambivalence.” The deadline for entries is February 6, and the rules are below. We plan to publish the winners in our February 16 issue.
(Oh, what the hell: If you want to enter something in “ethos,” “riboflavin,” or “Kierkegaard,” be our guest.)
2) All photographs must be received by 5 p.m. Central Standard Time on Monday, February 6, 2012.
3) Photographs must be saved in the .jpg or .tif format. Photographs should be submitted in a resolution suitable for newspaper publication. An 8-by-10-inch image should be 150dpi or higher, while a 4-by-6 image should be 300dpi or higher; generally speaking, each entry should be at least 1,200 pixels on its shortest side.
4) All photographs must be previously unpublished.
5) Photographers are limited to three entries apiece. You may submit multiple images in a single category, but each photograph counts toward the three-entry limit.
6) All entries must include in the e-mail message the name of the photographer, a daytime phone number for the photographer, and the category in which the photograph is being entered. Although not required, we welcome short statements (fewer than 100 words) that provide context for the image – for example, notes on the photographic subject or the shooting circumstances.
Tags See All Tags