items tagged with HardiHar
Written By: Jeff Ignatius
Category: Feature Stories
There are many unusual things about the married-couple musical duo Har-di-Har, including the way songs swerve, shift, collapse, explode, die, and rise again with little warning. But it’s unlikely that you’ll get to hear their strangest songs when they perform at Rozz-Tox on Saturday.
Some odd bits first:
• The name Har-di-Har is drawn obliquely from the theme music of Star Trek: The Next Generation, and that information is as helpful as any of the other explanations given by the band.
• The pair shares a drum kit, with Julie Thoreen playing the “hands” and Andrew Thoreen the “feet.”
• People who purchase a USB drive with the band’s two EPs will get all future Har-di-Har releases uploaded to it for free at a live show.
• The Thoreens decided to pursue music before they’d played a single show as a band.
• Har-di-Har’s Facebook page calls its music “psychedelic dream pop intricately composed and played the way three-legged contests are won.”
“We cannot do anything the way other people do it,” Julie Thoreen said in a phone interview last week.
Read More About No Joke: Har-Di-Har, October 26 At Rozz-Tox...
There are 1 items tagged with HardiHar. You can view all our tags in the Tag Cloud