- Buy Siemens Solid Edge ST6 (32-bit) (en)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 MAC (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap BusyMac BusyCal MAC
- Discount - LATENITESOFT Xslimmer MAC
- Buy Cheap Kolor Autopano Giga 3
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3d 2010
- Discount - CodeGear Delphi For PHP 1.0
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Inventor 2015 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Spain) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set)
- Buy OEM FL Studio 8 XXL
|Call for Entry: River Cities’ Reader Theatre Reviewers|
|Theatre - Feature Stories|
|Written by Mike Schulz|
|Tuesday, 01 December 2009 06:00|
So, you think you have what it takes to review local theatre? Prove it! Prove it!
No, seriously, we'd like you to prove it.
After nearly five years and more than 300 area productions, the time has come for me to hang up my theatre-critic hat and get my hands dirty as an active participant in the area's vibrant theatre community. (While I'll continue to write movie reviews and feature articles for the Reader, my tenure as the paper's chief theatre critic will conclude with the December 24 issue.)
Consequently, the River Cities' Reader is seeking freelance writers who are interested in covering the terrain, and who would like to help continue the Reader's proud, 16-year history of informative and honest theatre analysis.
Ideally, we'd like to divvy up the reviewing duties among several different writers, in the hopes of introducing readers to several new voices, and making sure that no one's workload gets too intense. (Trust me, those random five-show weekends can be a kick, but it's an exhausting kick.) The only real prerequisites for applying are that you like writing and love theatre... though the other way around could also work quite nicely.
It has been an unbelievable privilege to have seen, and been able to write about, so many area productions for the River Cities' Reader, and I look forward to hearing from those of you interested in covering the area's incredibly rich and varied theatre scene. As I've told friends and acquaintances repeatedly over the years, it's a great gig.
Tags See All Tags