- Download Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2012
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit) (en,de,ru,es,fr,it,pl)
- 19.95$ Neobyte Titan Backup cheap oem
- Download ABest WMV Video Converter
- Download Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012 (en)
- Buy Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012
- Discount - Adobe Prelude CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Discount - Maplesoft Maple 16 MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2015 (32-bit)
- Buy Photoshop CS3 for Screen Printers (en)
- 279.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap 1Click DVD Copy Pro 4
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 MAC
|Holiday-in’: “The Gift of the Magi,” at the Village Theatre through December 19|
|Theatre - Reviews|
|Written by Thom White|
|Monday, 13 December 2010 06:00|
The Gift of the Magi is my favorite holiday tale. While the surprise is lost whenever I read it again, I still remember the goosebumps I felt when I first discovered O. Henry’s story of a man and woman making significant personal sacrifices in order to buy each other Christmas gifts. And while New Ground Theatre’s production of the musical version of this classic narrative did not give me the same delightful chills, it did leave me with a warm feeling of holiday joy.
Director Lora Adams’ approach suggests the short story’s old-fashioned feel, with its gentle pace and overall chipper charm. Also serving as set designer, Adams’ stage is made up to look like an early 20th-Century apartment flanked by two storefronts, a bakery and a hair dresser’s/wig maker’s shop. With the apartment’s brick fireplace glowing, the Victorian tea-set and other home accoutrements evoke a traditional air, creating the classic Christmas feel of such other seasonal favorites as It’s a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol.
For tickets, call (563)326-7529 or visit NewGroundTheatre.org.
Tags See All Tags