- Buy OEM Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5
- 179.95$ Autodesk Showcase 2011 cheap oem
- Discount - NovoSoft Handy Backup 6.1 Pro
- Buy Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2 (en,ja)
- Buy AutoDesSys Bonzai 3D MAC (en)
- Download Adobe After Effects CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Discount - Corel WordPerfect Office X6 Professional Edition
- Discount - Adobe Audition 3
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Textures (en)
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn English (British) (Level 1, 2, 3 Set) MAC
- Buy OEM I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Pro Asian MAC
- 199.95$ Corel Designer Technical Suite X5 cheap oem
|Holiday-in’: “The Gift of the Magi,” at the Village Theatre through December 19|
|Theatre - Reviews|
|Written by Thom White|
|Monday, 13 December 2010 06:00|
The Gift of the Magi is my favorite holiday tale. While the surprise is lost whenever I read it again, I still remember the goosebumps I felt when I first discovered O. Henry’s story of a man and woman making significant personal sacrifices in order to buy each other Christmas gifts. And while New Ground Theatre’s production of the musical version of this classic narrative did not give me the same delightful chills, it did leave me with a warm feeling of holiday joy.
Director Lora Adams’ approach suggests the short story’s old-fashioned feel, with its gentle pace and overall chipper charm. Also serving as set designer, Adams’ stage is made up to look like an early 20th-Century apartment flanked by two storefronts, a bakery and a hair dresser’s/wig maker’s shop. With the apartment’s brick fireplace glowing, the Victorian tea-set and other home accoutrements evoke a traditional air, creating the classic Christmas feel of such other seasonal favorites as It’s a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol.
For tickets, call (563)326-7529 or visit NewGroundTheatre.org.
Tags See All Tags