- Download IMSI TurboCAD Pro V5 MAC
- Discount - Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12
- Buy Cheap Prosoft Data Rescue 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - iPhone and iPod Touch iOS 5 Essential Training
- Download Capture One Pro 7 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Audition CS5.5 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit)
- 399.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe InDesign CS5
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Exposure
- Buy Sony DVD Architect Pro 6 (en,es,fr,de,ja)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended MAC
|New Ground's Production of "Spinning Into Butter" Effective and Provocative|
|Theatre - Reviews|
|Written by Jill Walsh|
|Tuesday, 10 September 2002 18:00|
If there’s a show that will make people question their thoughts and ideas about racism, it’s Spinning Into Butter, continuing this weekend at Augustana College in a production by New Ground Theatre.
Set on the campus of a private college, the play explores the spiraling thought process of a staff member when she is accused of having racist opinions. But she doesn’t emerge triumphant; no one does, and that’s what makes the play so unique and challenging. Both sides of the issue of racism are aired: A minority student defends his right to specify, not categorize, his racial background, and the staff member also defends herself by saying she shouldn’t have to feel guilty or racist just because she’s white.
It’s wonderful to see challenged and questioned elements of racism that have been present in America for so long. But people expecting the show to give a simple solution to the problem will be disheartened, because the play suggests no single action or resolution will rid the world of racism.
Tags See All Tags