- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CC cheap oem
- 29.95$ Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery v3 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Illustrator CS5 on Demand (en)
- Discount - DxO Optics Pro Elite 8
- 319.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014 (32-bit) cheap oem
- 59.95$ Adobe SoundBooth CS4 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5 (en,da,de,es,fr,it,no,pt,sv)
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5
- Download Adobe Acrobat XI Pro MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - XHTML and HTML Essential Training cheap oem
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard MAC
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Greek (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
|New Ground's Production of "Spinning Into Butter" Effective and Provocative|
|Theatre - Reviews|
|Written by Jill Walsh|
|Tuesday, 10 September 2002 18:00|
If there’s a show that will make people question their thoughts and ideas about racism, it’s Spinning Into Butter, continuing this weekend at Augustana College in a production by New Ground Theatre.
Set on the campus of a private college, the play explores the spiraling thought process of a staff member when she is accused of having racist opinions. But she doesn’t emerge triumphant; no one does, and that’s what makes the play so unique and challenging. Both sides of the issue of racism are aired: A minority student defends his right to specify, not categorize, his racial background, and the staff member also defends herself by saying she shouldn’t have to feel guilty or racist just because she’s white.
It’s wonderful to see challenged and questioned elements of racism that have been present in America for so long. But people expecting the show to give a simple solution to the problem will be disheartened, because the play suggests no single action or resolution will rid the world of racism.
Tags See All Tags