- 279.95$ Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011 cheap oem
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn German (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - CSS Site Design
- 59.95$ Corel Website Creator X6 cheap oem
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Bootstrap 2
- Discount - Adobe RoboHelp 10
- 9.95$ Wireless All In One For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy OEM Intuit TurboTax Premier 2008
- Download Parallels Desktop 4 MAC
- 29.95$ Cyberlink Powercinema 5 cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 MAC (en,de,es,fr,it,ja)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013 (64-bit)
- Buy PowerPoint 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies (en)
|Stage Struck: The Way-Off-Broadway Guide to the Quad Cities Theatre Scene|
|Theatre - Feature Stories|
|Written by Mike Schulz|
|Wednesday, 20 December 2006 03:32|
My mother sends out an annual holiday letter, which serves as a de facto State of the Union for our family - a recap of what that she and Dad did during the year, a checklist of casinos they visited (which pretty much covers the same ground), and, of course, an update on the lives of their children.
In the past, recipients of Mom's missives would get the skinny on my brother and his wife, my sister, her husband, and their pets, and my adventures would be detailed with a succinct "And Mike went to the movies." (I was thrilled last year when she provided the addendum " ... and the theatre.")
But this year, it seems that bro and sis have been working overtime to ensure that I get even less coverage than usual; my brother's workplace sent him to Japan for 11 days to assist a company that's building robots, and my sister managed to trump that by having her first baby.
Meanwhile, Mike went to the movies.
And the theatre.
So, this year, I've composed my own holiday letter of sorts. True, it isn't robots in Japan, and it certainly isn't a baby, but the chance to see 64 area shows over 47 weeks was its own thrilling, unique experience, and one I feel privileged to have enjoyed. I can't imagine a cooler way to have spent my time in 2006.
(Well, maybe if I'd fathered a baby robot in Japan ... .)
The Year in Theatre: 2006
Tags See All Tags