CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City of Davenport, Iowa
Wednesday, December 11, 2013; 5:30 p.m.
City Hall Council Chambers
I. Moment of Silence
II. Pledge of Allegiance
III. Roll Call
IV. Meeting Protocol and Decorum
V. Approval of Minutes of the November 26, 2013 City Council Meeting
VI. City Administrator Update
VII. Report on Committee of the Whole and Standing Committees
VIII. Appointments, Proclamations, Etc.
1. Design Review Board
X. Petitions and Communications from Council Members and the Mayor
XI. Individual Approval of Items on the Discussion Agenda
1. First Consideration of Ordinance for Case No. ROW13-04 being the petition of Dev Bastola Real Estate LLC for the right-of-way vacation (abandonment) of a portion of the 1-1/2 Street located west of Myrtle Street between 2nd Street and River Drive containing approximately 7,540 square feet, more or less. The petitioner owns the adjacent property to the north and south [3rd Ward].
Note: Community Development Committee Recommends Suspension Of Rules For Passage At December 11 Council Meeting
2. Suspension of Council Rules to Pass XI.1. on Second & Third Consideration.
3. Second & Third Consideration of Ordinance for Case No. ROW13-04 being the petition of Dev Bastola Real Estate LLC for the right-of-way vacation (abandonment) of a portion of the 1-1/2 Street located west of Myrtle Street between 2nd Street and River Drive containing approximately 7,540 square feet, more or less. The petitioner owns the adjacent property to the north and south [3rd Ward].
4. Resolution approving modifications to the Stadium Lease Agreement between the City of Davenport and Main Street Iowa, LLP to include capital improvements to the ballpark. [All Wards]
5. Resolution approving a Development Agreement for the City Square project (104, 112, 128 W. 2nd and 101 W. 3rd Street, City Square LLC, North Block LLC and Hotel Blackhawk LLC, petitioners). [Ward 3]
XII. Approval of All Items on the Consent Agenda
**NOTE: These are routine items and will be enacted at the City Council Meeting by one roll call vote without separate discussion unless an item is requested to be removed and considered separately.
Reports on Standing Committees
Community Development Committee
1. Third Consideration: Ordinance for Case No. REZ13-08, petition of City of Davenport for the rezoning of 1.1 acres, more or less, of real property located at the northeast corner of Brady and East 5th Streets (501-513 Brady Street) from "M-1" Light Industrial District to "C-4" Central Business District to facilitate future residential or other development. [3rd]
2. Third Consideration: Ordinance for Case No. REZ13-10 being the petition of Northwest Villas Condominium Owners Association, Inc for a rezoning on 5.63 acres of real property known as: 2702 - 2754 Linwood Court, 6321 & 6323 Jebens Avenue, and 2501 - 2623 and 2706, 2710, 2718 & 2720 West 63rd Street and also known as Lots 2 through 6 of Northwest Villas; Lots 1 and 2 of Northwest Villas Second Addition; Lots 1, 2 and 3 of Northwest Villas Third Addition; Lot 1 of Northwest Villas Fourth Addition; and Lot 1 of Northwest Villas Fifth Addition, all to the City of Davenport from R-4 Moderate Density Dwelling District, R-5M Medium Density
Dwelling District, C-O Office-Shop District and C-1 Neighborhood Shopping District to R-5M Planned Unit Development. The rezoning is facilitate the legal conversion of condominium units to zero lot line single family units. (Northwest Villas Condominium Home Owners Association, Inc, petitioner). [2nd & 8th Wards]
3. Third Consideration: Ordinance for Case No. ROW13-02 being the petition of Joyce Stinocher for the right-of-way vacation (abandonment) of a ten (10) foot wide eastwest trending alley located west of Washington Street and north of Rockingham Road containing approximately 1,200 square feet, more or less. The petitioner owns the adjacent property to the north. [3rd Ward]
4. First Consideration: Ordinance to amend the zoning conditions of City of Davenport Ordinance No. 2004-586, which rezoned 0.37 acres, more or less, of real property known as Lot 1 in NorthPark Estates Second Addition to the City of Davenport (141 E. 46th Street). The property is zoned "PDD" Planned Development District. The purpose of the request is to allow a partial two-story dental office building and to modify the required landscape improvements. (Dr. Mathew B. Anderson for MBA Corporation, LLC, Petitioner; Case No. REZ13-12) [7th Ward].
5. Resolution providing preliminary approval for the economic development assistance to Genesis Systems Group LLC for expansion to a second facility at 7310 Vine Street Court [8th Ward].
1. Third Consideration: Ordinance amending Schedule XI of Chapter 10.96 entitled "Resident Parking Only" by adding Washington Street along the frontage of 1512 Washington Street. [Ward 4]
2. Motion approving beer and liquor license applications:
2A. New license, new owner, temporary permit, temporary outdoor area, location transfer, etc. (as noted):
Embers of Phoenix 111 West Second Street C Liquor 3 - Jai Mata Lakshmi Inc. NEW OWNER (previously The Phoenix) OUTDOOR AREA
Volkan Night Club 813 West Second Street C Liquor 3 - Volkan Night Club Inc. NEW OWNER (previously Club Privileged) OUTDOOR AREA
Azteca Express 1902 North Division Street C Liquor 4 - Azteca Express Restaurant Inc. NEW LICENSE (previously Kimchi Teriyaki?no alcohol permit)
2B. Annual license renewals (with outdoor area renewals as noted):
Big 10 Mart 2308 West 53rd Street C Beer 2 - Molo Oil Company
Danceland 501 ½ West Fourth Street C Liquor 3 - Danceland Ltd.
Kilkenny's Pub and Eatery 300 West Third Street C Liquor 3 - Kilkenny's Pub Inc.
Dugout Sports Complex 3504 Hickory Grove Road C Liquor 4 - The Strike Zone II Inc. OUTDOOR AREA
Stickman's 1510 Harrison Street C Liquor 4 - Stickman's Inc. OUTDOOR AREA
Aldi No. 15 1702 Brady Street C Beer 5 - Aldi Inc. B Wine
Bleyart's Tap 2218 East 11th Street C Liquor 5 - Bleyart's Tap Inc. OUTDOOR AREA
Café Indigo 4925 Utica Ridge Road Beer/Wine 6 - Café Indigo Inc. OUTDOOR AREA
Bley's Tap 215 East 29th Street C Liquor 7 - JBCW, L.L.C.
Brady Oil 3205 North Brady Street C Beer 7 - Brady Oil L.L.C.
Clarion Hotel 5202 Brady Street B Liquor 7
Edgehill Apartments L.L.C.
QC Mart 3545 Eastern Avenue C Beer 7
Bethany Enterprises Inc.
Rivals Sports Bar 1720 East Kimberly Road C Liquor 7 - Rivals Sports Bar and Grill L.L.C.
Tantra 589 East 53rd Street C Liquor 7 - Zhangs Trading Inc. OUTDOOR AREA
Izaak Walton League 8402 North Harrison Street C Liquor 8 - Davenport Izaak Walton League OUTDOOR AREA
XIII. Other Ordinances, Resolutions and Motions
XIV. Public with Business
PLEASE NOTE: At this time individuals may address the City Council on any matters of City business. This is not an opportunity to discuss issues with the Council members or get information. In accordance with Open Meetings law, the Council can not take action on any complaint or suggestions tonight, and can not respond to any allegations at this time. Please state your Name and Ward for the record. There is a five (5) minute time limit. Please end your comments promptly.
XV. Reports of City Officials