- Buy OEM Ashampoo Uninstaller 3
- Buy OEM Apple Final Cut Studio 3 MAC
- 79.95$ Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Ashampoo Magical Defrag 2
- Buy OEM Xilisoft Audio Maker 3
- Discount - Omni Group OmniFocus 2 Pro MAC
- Buy Cheap Macx Video Converter Pro MAC
- Download Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery 6
- Download ElcomSoft Advanced PDF Password Recovery Pro
- Buy Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate (en,ch)
- Discount - Corel Painter X3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Upgrade (64-bit)
- 59.95$ Adobe Contribute CS4 MAC cheap oem
|Council Should Be Paid More|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Tuesday, 16 January 2001 18:00|
While I find it possible to argue with the great majority of ideas expressed in “Words from the Editor,” there is a striking exception.
“Words from the Editor” couldn’t be more accurate when it advocates pay increases for the Davenport mayor and council.
(See “We Get What We Pay for,” River Cities’ Reader, Issue 303, December 27, 2000-January 2, 2001.) The jobs are referred to as part-time, but as “Words from the Editor” points out, they are much more than that. City duties permeate all aspects of the elected officials’ lives, including social, family, hobby, and vocational.
Our city elected officials receive little pay and get virtually no prestige. It’s a wonder that we continue to get candidates!
Tags See All Tags