- Discount - Dreamweaver CC For Dummies
- 19.95$ Symantec Norton Ghost™ 12.0 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Hazel 3
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2012 (64-bit)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Composition cheap oem
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - SQL Server 2008 Essential Training
- Download Adobe Acrobat 3D
- Discount - ABest WMV Video Converter
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 MAC
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Hebrew (Level 1, 2 Set) MAC
- Buy Cheap Panic Coda MAC
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Joomla! Advanced CSS cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe RoboHelp Server 9 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap SnagIt 2.2 MAC
|Council Should Be Paid More|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Tuesday, 16 January 2001 18:00|
While I find it possible to argue with the great majority of ideas expressed in “Words from the Editor,” there is a striking exception.
“Words from the Editor” couldn’t be more accurate when it advocates pay increases for the Davenport mayor and council.
(See “We Get What We Pay for,” River Cities’ Reader, Issue 303, December 27, 2000-January 2, 2001.) The jobs are referred to as part-time, but as “Words from the Editor” points out, they are much more than that. City duties permeate all aspects of the elected officials’ lives, including social, family, hobby, and vocational.
Our city elected officials receive little pay and get virtually no prestige. It’s a wonder that we continue to get candidates!
Tags See All Tags