- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2015 (32-bit) (en,es,fr,it,ko,ru,zh)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Foundations of Typography
- Buy Cheap Windows 7 For Dummies Quick Reference
- Buy NewBlue Titler Pro (en)
- 259.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD 2011 cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (32 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,zh)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 MAC (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 Architect
- Buy OEM Word 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Xilisoft 1click DV to DVD (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - ASP.NET Essential Training
- Buy OEM Macromates TextMate MAC
|Council Should Be Paid More|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Tuesday, 16 January 2001 18:00|
While I find it possible to argue with the great majority of ideas expressed in “Words from the Editor,” there is a striking exception.
“Words from the Editor” couldn’t be more accurate when it advocates pay increases for the Davenport mayor and council.
(See “We Get What We Pay for,” River Cities’ Reader, Issue 303, December 27, 2000-January 2, 2001.) The jobs are referred to as part-time, but as “Words from the Editor” points out, they are much more than that. City duties permeate all aspects of the elected officials’ lives, including social, family, hobby, and vocational.
Our city elected officials receive little pay and get virtually no prestige. It’s a wonder that we continue to get candidates!
Tags See All Tags