- Buy Cheap Eset Smart Security 5 (64-bit)
- 299.95$ Maplesoft Maple 14 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM DAZ Bryce 6.1 MAC
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - HTML5: Background Processes with Web Workers cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Access 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Divergent media ClipWrap 2 MAC
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard MAC (en)
- Buy Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 (en,fr,es,de,it,nl,pt,ja,sv,fi,no,da,zh,ko,cs,ru,tr,pl,ro,hu,uk,ar,he,el)
- Discount - Autodesk Maya 2012 MAC
- Buy Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 5.1 (en)
- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2012 (32 bit)
|Council Should Be Paid More|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Tuesday, 16 January 2001 18:00|
While I find it possible to argue with the great majority of ideas expressed in “Words from the Editor,” there is a striking exception.
“Words from the Editor” couldn’t be more accurate when it advocates pay increases for the Davenport mayor and council.
(See “We Get What We Pay for,” River Cities’ Reader, Issue 303, December 27, 2000-January 2, 2001.) The jobs are referred to as part-time, but as “Words from the Editor” points out, they are much more than that. City duties permeate all aspects of the elected officials’ lives, including social, family, hobby, and vocational.
Our city elected officials receive little pay and get virtually no prestige. It’s a wonder that we continue to get candidates!
Tags See All Tags