- Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 (de,en,es,fr,it,ja,ko)
- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012 (32-bit)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Fireworks CS5
- Download CodeGear Delphi For PHP 1.0
- Download Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4
- Discount - Smith Micro Poser 8 MAC
- Download IMAGENOMIC Portraiture 2 for Adobe Photoshop MAC
- Buy Corel DVD MovieFactory 6 PLUS (en)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2012 (64-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop CS3 Photographers Guide
|Council Should Be Paid More|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Tuesday, 16 January 2001 18:00|
While I find it possible to argue with the great majority of ideas expressed in “Words from the Editor,” there is a striking exception.
“Words from the Editor” couldn’t be more accurate when it advocates pay increases for the Davenport mayor and council.
(See “We Get What We Pay for,” River Cities’ Reader, Issue 303, December 27, 2000-January 2, 2001.) The jobs are referred to as part-time, but as “Words from the Editor” points out, they are much more than that. City duties permeate all aspects of the elected officials’ lives, including social, family, hobby, and vocational.
Our city elected officials receive little pay and get virtually no prestige. It’s a wonder that we continue to get candidates!
Tags See All Tags