- Buy Lynda.com - Word 2013 Essential Training (en)
- Discount - Adobe RoboHelp Server 9 (32-bit)
- 9.95$ Ashampoo Magical Defrag 2 cheap oem
- Download Adobe InCopy CS4
- Buy OEM Digital Photography Composition For Dummies
- Buy OEM Kolor Autopano Giga 3 MAC
- 9.95$ Adobe CS Production Premium for Final Cut Studio Editors cheap oem
- Discount - ABest Video Converter Spirit
- 9.95$ E-gadgets Delete Duplicate Files cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop CS5 on Demand
- 329.95$ Siemens Solid Edge ST4 (64 bit) cheap oem
- 19.95$ 1Click DVD Converter 2 cheap oem
- 239.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Arobas Music Guitar Pro 5
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Written by Michael D. Elliott|
|Monday, 31 October 2011 10:48|
From the recent Quad-City Times commentary “Independents MIA in Iowa Q-C,” there seems to be some confusion as to what SuperLiberty is. Started in December 2008 as a local, nonpartisan liberty alliance, we promote all groups who support liberty.
We favor no party over another. We are neither Republican nor Democrat, Right nor Left, Conservative nor Liberal. In fact the American two-party monopoly perpetuates a false issue-based division amongst the people and helps to prevent us from uniting under the common cause of personal liberty.
Our group acts first and foremost to unite all local, state, and national liberty-minded groups on the local level where effective change can take place. We provide our Web site as a tool for any organizers who wish to keep in touch with their members in the Quad Cities area. We have a start-up kit available to anyone who wishes to organize a similar alliance. Secondly, SuperLiberty acts as an educational and political force to mold our local governments into liberty-protecting forces as they originally were intended and as the law requires.
I helped start the local Tea Party, but I am also an ACLU member and support the Occupy movement. It can seem confusing, since we don’t identify ourselves by party, but rather by issues and principles.
We find the commonality of various factions in order to create positive change for the future of our society. We are opposed to legalized plunder of people’s property, which is where we come at odds with folks like Mayor Gluba. (Witness his Communist-inspired rant at the Occupy event: “We need to redistribute wealth,” and “If the private sector can’t provide jobs, the public sector should.”) When we helped defeat Davenport Promise, he called us “cultist libertarian nutcases.” (The video link we made is here: YouTube.com/watch?v=kyyaWAari-U.)
Our core members also started Iowans for Accountability – the first non-party political organization in the history of Scott County. We promote the ideals of the Fully Informed Jury Association. (Seen us at the courthouse?)
If you believe in personal liberty – the ability to exercise your natural rights originating from our creator – join us at SuperLiberty.com.
Michael D. Elliott
Tags See All Tags