- Buy OEM Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2014
- Discount - Adobe FreeHand MX
- Buy OEM Cyberlink DVD Suite 5 Pro
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layers
- 259.95$ Autodesk Maya 2012 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Nero 9 Reloaded
- Discount - Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise
- Buy OEM ElcomSoft Advanced Access Password Recovery 2.5
- Download GibbsCAM 2013 32-bit
- Buy OEM Nik Software Complete Collection 2013
- Buy Cheap Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection Student and Teacher Edition
|Braley’s Deficit Supercommittee Transparency Bill Passes Key House Panel|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Jeff Giertz|
|Friday, 14 October 2011 11:56|
House committee endorses bill introduced by Braley to open all supercommittee meetings to the public
Washington, DC – Today, Rep. Bruce Braley (IA-01) applauded the advancement of a bipartisan measure that would require all proceedings of the US Congress Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction be made open to the public. The bill, which Braley introduced, advanced as the deficit supercommittee has come under increasing fire in recent days for conducting its business behind closed doors.
“Congress only works if its members are accountable to taxpayers,” Braley said. “The deficit supercommittee has power to dramatically alter Medicare, Social Security, and other federal programs. Yet they’ve been conducting their discussions in secret, out of the view of even other members of Congress.
“Whole armies of corporate lobbyists have been deployed to Washington to influence the supercommittee’s decisions. With as much power as they have, it’s critical that the supercommittee’s deliberations occur in broad daylight – not in some smoky Capitol backroom out of the public’s watchful eye.”
Braley’s bill, the “Federal Advisory Committee Act Amendments of 2011” (HR 3124), was endorsed in a bipartisan vote by the US House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform late last night.
A copy of the bill may be downloaded at the following link: http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.
Tags See All Tags